Chapter 108: Sister Vs. Sister

I had to leave before I endanger the lives of Mira, Ephraim, Ezra, Milo, and Lina. And it was better that I leave now in the night. I quickly changed into my Jedi clothing before gathering my things as fast as I possibly could. Ani and Nova flew over to my shoulders. Once I had everything, I made my way towards the front door. Before I reached the door, I heard a familiar voice whisper out. "Are you leaving?"

I turned around to see both Mira and Ephraim standing not far from me, dressed in their pajamas. I felt a pang of guilt for thinking of leaving without saying goodbye. I owed them an explanation.

"I'm sorry, but I must leave. If I stay, I'll put all of you in danger." I mentioned.

"Did the Empire find you?" Mira asked.

"Yes, I'm afraid they may have found me." I confirmed.

Mira and Ephraim exchanged grim looks before turning back to face me. They knew that I had to leave. It was the only way to keep them safe. I gave them both hugs for the last time. As we pulled away from the hugs, Mira offered a smile. "Good luck."

"And be safe, Storm Ca'ana." Ephraim advised.

My eyes widened at his words. How did he know my name? I never told anyone on Lothal what my real name was in case someone has seen my wanted poster. And no doubt that's how Mira and Ephraim knew my name, they've seen my wanted poster.

"We've seen your wanted poster." Mira explained.

"But don't worry, your secret is safe with us." Ephraim assured me.

I let out a sigh of relief. "Thanks, I wish you the best of luck as well. And take care of Milo, Lina, and Ezra, especially your son. He's more special than you think."

"He's capable of becoming a Jedi, isn't he." Mira commented. 

A sad smile crept on my face. "Yes, he was..."

But now with the Jedi Order gone, there was no longer a chance for him to become a Jedi. He was in danger from the Empire. If they discovered that he's Force-sensitive, then who knows what they'd do to him.

"We'll keep him safe." Mira mentioned.

I gave them one last smile before leaving their home. Once I left the Bridger household, I threw the hood of my cloak over my face. Fortunately, they weren't many people roaming around the city. But they were still stormtroopers around out on the streets. I did my best, sneaking my way throughout the city. The two moons were high up in the sky. Once I reached the grasslands, I glanced over at my shoulders, where Ani and Nova were.

"All right, Ani, Nova. Go on and be free." I urged.

Ani and Nova looked at me as they let out chirps. They then nuzzled my neck before flying off of my shoulders. As they flew up into the sky, Allie and several Loth-wolves appeared before me. I bowed my head before the Loth-wolves. In a matter of seconds, they surrounded me. I extended out my hand, placing a hand on Allie's fur.

"I must leave." I informed her.

"And you shall leave. But do not worry, we'll see each other again." Allie assured me.

"I'm glad, I'm not ready to say goodbye." I confessed.

"You do not have to, Storm." Allie mentioned.

Allie lowered her head, allowing me to placed my head against hers. Once Allie raised her head, she turned to leave. All the Loth-wolves around me began to follow her, making their way deeper into the fields. As soon as the Loth-wolves left, I turned around to see Jinx and Dibs, standing in one of the fields surrounded by large stone slabs. Around us in the golden fields were a couple of Loth-cats, watching us with intrigued looks. Behind Jinx and Dibs was my starfighter, which was now engulfed in flames.