Chapter 32: Gladiators On Rattatak

I groaned as my eyes slowly opened. Once I was fully awake, I glanced around to see not only myself stuck in a containment field, but Maya, Jinx, and Areria stuck as well. I then scanned the area, seeing us stuck in what appeared to be a cave.

"Glad to see you've finally awaken." Jinx mentioned.

"I see you're still bitter." Areria commented.

"Don't start." Jinx warned.

"Will you two please stop this. This is not the time to fight. We need to escape." Maya advised.

I then raised an eyebrow. "And how will we do that? We're stuck in containment fields."

"How observant of you, Stormy." Asajj's voice reached my ears.

I sighed. Great...we're not alone. At that moment, Asajj, Vorlega, Darc, Sey, a female Dathomirian who I later learned was called Saato, and a female Chiss, who I later learned was called Sev'rance Tann all approached us. My face fell as I saw another figure emerge from the shadows. It was Tobkai Mintros, my old friend who was a Jedi Shadow alongside Nova, Vinor, me, and several others. Tobkai wore a sinister smile as he greeted me. "Hello Storm."

"You know him, Master?" Areria asked.

I sighed. "...I did. He was a Jedi Shadow like I once was before deciding to become a Jedi Guardian."

"I was once weak, but now I'm stronger than I've ever been." Tobkai mentioned.

"What happened to you, Tobkai? You out of all people would never turn." I protested.

Tobkai scoffed. "That was before I was...enlightened."

I narrowed my eyes. "What has Dooku done to him?"

"Dooku?" Vorlega repeated, rather confused. "No, Tobkai turned on his own will."

"We merely implanted a few ideas in his head." Sey said, letting out a laugh. "Not literally, of course."

"What are you guys? Apprentices of Dooku?" Maya asked.

"Not exactly. We are the Dark Acolytes." Saato said.

Jinx snickered. "Dark Acolytes? That's a lousy name."

Vorlega glared at her, nevertheless she took over, explaining the Dark Acolytes. "Dooku created a group of Dark Jedi which he called the Dark Acolytes."

"No wonder the name's lousy, Dooku came up with it." I retorted.

Areria and Jinx snickered, while Maya shook her head, mentally begging me not to do something I'd regret.

"Relax, what's the worse that could happen?" I inquired, speaking in her head.

"We could end up being tortured, spaced, or even brainwashed, do you want me to continue?" Maya retorted.

Jinx rolled her eyes. "Maya, you worry too much. We'll get out of here like we always do."

"I worry because I care about all of our lives. And your reckless plans don't always work." Maya shot back before her face softened. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to insult you or your plans, I just don't want anyone being left behind or dying."

I nodded, letting her know I understood. Vorlega then made her way towards my containment field. Her face had turned into a grin. "We are the enforcers of Dooku, so if Dooku wants you dead..."

"We'd be the ones to kill you." Tann added as she leaned against the wall of the cave.

"But as much as I'd like to, we aren't going to kill all of you." Asajj intervened.