Chapter 13: The Petranaki Arena

"Have you reconsidered my proposition?" Dooku questioned.

"I'll never join the Sith!" I spat.

"Let's see if you'll continue to think this way after this conversation." Dooku commented as he walked closer towards us.

"Did you ever wonder why your mother knew the most powerful and noblest of the galaxies?" He then inquired.

"Sure, but I figured it's because she's a senator." I shrugged, trying not to show an interest.

"It's because your grandmother comes from one of the noblest families of Eshan, and of course I come from one of the ruling houses from my home planet, Serenno." He explained as he walked around. "One of the many secrets your family has kept from you."

"You keep telling yourself you're my grandfather, but where were you all this time? You betrayed the Jedi and the Republic, you are no grandfather of mine." I rebuked.

"Let's see if you'll say that after I tell you the secrets your family has kept." He said, trying to provoke me.

"Secrets?" I repeated. "What other secrets?"

"Oh there are many secrets your family has kept from you, Storm. They didn't believe you were capable of handling the truth." He elaborated.

"Don't listen to him, Storm." Koltav intervened.

"Quiet!" Dooku warned.

I violently shook my head. "No, you're wrong. My family wouldn't do that."

Dooku chuckled. "Stop defending your family, Storm. They don't deserve it. Especially when I tell you that your mother has two younger half siblings: Raskta Organa and Yusanis Kryze. They are your aunt and uncle, and not to mention that you have cousins as well, Nova and Jeren Organa, and Lorea, Vorlega and Orlamax Kryze."

"No, no, I have no aunts, uncles, or cousins on both my mom's and dad's side of the family. You're lying, Dooku!" I snapped.

"He's not lying, cousin." An unfamiliar voice said at the entrance of the cell.

I glanced over to see a girl a year or so younger than me. She had long platinum hair with streaks of black, silver eyes, and pale skin. The girl had black robes with a lightsaber around her belt along with my lightsaber, Echani vibrosword, and daggers. I narrowed my eyes. "And who are you?"

"I was known as Vorlega Kryze, now I am Darth  Xochra." She informed me.

You've got to be kidding me...I have a grandfather who's a Sith Lord and now I have a cousin who's a Sith Lady?! Great...what's next? I better not have another relative who has ties with the dark side.

I snorted. "Yeah alright. It's a funny joke and all, but now it's getting old."

"It's no joke, Storm." Vorlega replied. "What Count Dooku and I say is the truth."

"And that's only the tip of the iceberg." Dooku said.

There are more secrets that my family kept from me?! Dooku's face lit up. "Ah! There it is...your anger. Unleash it, give into the anger. Let it consume you, my granddaughter."

I mentally cursed at myself. How could I forget that we shared a bond through the Force? He could sense all my emotions and there was no way I could hide them from him. I felt my fists clench, confused and angry all at once. I didn't know who to believe anymore...but what if Dooku was telling the truth? He wasn't lying about him being my true grandfather. I continued to argue with myself until Koltav spoke up. "Don't give in, Storm. You know who you are. You are Storm Ca'ana, a Jedi Knight."