PART 43: I squirt him with a hose...and now I have to marry him?

Start from the beginning

They are really something.

Rephrase, were really something, before that hideous smirk appeared across them, in a gesture on superiority.

“Take a picture babe, it’ll last longer” He nodded his head and drew me in close as I rolled my eyes at the obscene gesture.

“Whatever, Arch”

He laughed.

Archer’s arm came up to my face, tracing my lips with his pinkie, he began to hum an unfamiliar tune.

I listened carefully as it sped up and slowed down carefully, slowly, dancing across the lips that I loved so much.

His voice pitched in this time. A small hum still, only this time a few words poked through the sound. I listened intently, watching the way his lips would only part for a millisecond before being consumed with yet another on pitch note.

Eventually he picked up my wrist and began to draw patterns on it, each in a particular order as he sung. Pointing at my fingertips, he leaned in and kissed them softly, before he began to speak in English.

However he didn’t sing it, he just spoke it, or rather, whispered it.

“Once upon a time there lived two lovers” His other arm was now raised as it sat next to mine. He used two of his fingers to describe the story.

“They were only very young, and their parents were fighting in an incredible war, which separated them. One day, the man had an idea, he sent a group of ants to visit his lover and tell her of his love” Archer used my arm starting at my fingertips, and softly, and barely touching my arm, he navigated his index finger down the skin. Tingling feelings appeared on my arm.

“The woman received the ants, but she didn’t know what they were trying to say. This time the woman had an idea, she sent a group of butterflies to show the man of her love” Archer leaned in close, and using his eyelashes, he marked a trail up my arm and towards my fingertips, which he kissed softly and tenderly.

“The man received the butterflies, but he couldn’t understand them, so he decided to send her a eagle to show her his love” With his face still close to my arm, he blew softly onto it and down my arm.

“But the woman didn’t understand the creatures, so she sent back dolphins to hopefully get him to understand how much she loved the man” Leaning in again, Archer licked from my elbow to my fingers, and I swatted his away.

Pulling back, he laughed and began talking again, “The man didn’t understand and sat, unsure of what to do, or what to send. Everything he gave her weren’t able to show his love, and he wasn’t sure of what her gifts meant, so he sat and thought.

‘The woman, who was also unsure of what all these gifts meant, and she was sure he didn’t understand the gifts that she sent him, so she also sat and thought.

‘Until one day, when the man was washing his spears and the woman was cleaning her clothing, they saw each other” Archer’s eyes met mind, and he smiled.

“The man and woman both knew exactly what to do. They each ran back into the village and prayed to the dragon spirit, wishing to be reunited. The dragon spirit came, and taking each other them to an island” Archer stopped and blew on my face, and tracing my face with the lightest fingers.

“However, the man and woman had to find each other, because love is hard and tough hurdles must be made. So each of them sent to the other a hummingbird, and when the lovers each received the hummingbird, they knew what the other was trying to tell them.