Part 1: Chapter 11

A month has passed since I started my new school. I've had no more run-ins with Kennedy. I been avoiding both her and my mom as best as I could. But she still tries to lecture me, practically yells at me, and says that she is only trying to look out for me. Briana, April, Ashanti, and I have gotten closer and I am starting to consider them my good friends. Even though everything was good between us, I haven't talked much to Cairo. I do catch him stealing glances at me every now and then. But he always got females around him.

Dashawn calls himself still mad at me, but it's okay because I been talking to this dude for a few weeks now, and I'm supposed to be meeting him soon.

"What we doing tonight? We should watch a scary movie," Briana said.

"I'm down," April said.

"Who gone pop the popcorn, and get the snacks?" Ashanti asked.

"Me and Asha will," Briana said grabbing my hand.

"Ok cool, I'll find a good scary movie."

"I'll help you," April chimed in.

Me and Briana went into her kitchen and she gave me a few bags of popcorn. I popped each of them in the microwave while she arranged chips in a couple of bowls. Briana's phone started ringing so she answered it, putting it on speaker.

"What Brandon," she said.

"What y'all doin?"

"About to watch a few scary movies, why?"

"We on the way back. Y'all want something while we out?"

Briana looked at me and I shrugged.

"Some pizza would be nice," she said

"What kind?"

"Pepperoni and sausage."

"Aight bet."

"Don't start the movie until we get there."

Briana smacked her teeth. "Damn, Brandon y'all ain't invited."

"I'm gettin y'all asses some pizza, y'all better wait, the fuck." I could hear Derek and Cairo in the background laughing.

"The fuck, nigga bye," Briana countered and hung up.

"Damn he think he own shit." I snorted at their banter. It must be nice to have a healthy relationship with your sibling. I wish I could relate. Instead, I got ole spiteful ass Kennedy. I rolled my eyes just thinking about her.

"You good, I know how you feel about other people?"

I shrugged "it's cool. Brandon cool people. Plus he's your brother and this y'all house." I gave her a thumbs up in reassurance. She laughed and we went back to the room with the bowls of popcorn and chips.

"Aye, change of plans, well, not really but we have some company so we moving the party to the basement."

"Why?" Ashanti asked.

"My brother and em wanna watch. My room ain't big enough for all of us, and my parents are sleep so we should go downstairs."

We all grabbed our supplies and some blankets before heading downstairs. We set up the area and everything.

"Anyone want a drink?" Briana asked.

Both Ashanti and April were more than eager for a drink. I didn't too much care to have one so I declined. Not long after, Brandon, Cairo, and Derek showed up. Derek and Ashanti were boo'd up. They were cute together, and to my surprise, they had been a thing for a few years now. They were so different; where Ashanti was loud and bold, Derek was always calm. Brandon had a thing for April, but as far as I knew, they were just talking.