Part 2: Chapter 35

"Royce, can I just get a few more minutes?" This little girl was relentless. She would not leave me alone and insisted that I got up. I was still tired though, and I could probably sleep the whole day away if she'd let me.

"Mommy," she said bouncing on my stomach.

"Yes Royce."

"Get up, mommy. It's time for you to wake up." Her small hands grabbed my face. She squeezed my cheeks, laughing. When I didn't give her the reaction she was looking for, she bent down and placed a sloppy kiss on my lips.

"Okay that's enough," I tickled her. She let out a loud squeal and fell to the side of me.

"Get me some water and ask auntie Robyn to bring me something for my headache and maybe I'll get up." Royce nodded, climbing off of the bed and running off. I slowly sat up on the edge of the bed. My head felt like it was about to pound out of my skull.

After a few minutes, I looked up at Robyn as she came through the door with a cup of water and pills.

"Ibuprofen or Advil?"

"Whichever one is stronger."

She handed me the glass and the ibuprofen.

The bottle said to take one, two at the most, but I pulled out three. I was about to pop all of them in my mouth when Robyn stopped me.

"Just two," she said.

"You're already taking them on an empty stomach. You're only going to make yourself more sick." She was right. I put one back into the bottle and took the other two. I drank the whole glass of water.

"At least thirty more minutes and I'll get up for real. I need to give the pills a chance to work."

"As long as you get up before I leave for work."

"What time are you leaving?" I asked.

"In exactly an hour."

"Okay, okay. Just wake me up." I laid back down and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

.....

"So you're not mad at me?" I asked.

"No. I got to play with my cousins yesterday."

"At your nana's house?"

"Yes."

"That's good. Did you have fun?"

"Yes mommy."

Royce sat on the bathroom counter watching me as I brushed my teeth.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"I'm all yours. We can go get some breakfast, maybe IHOP." I gargled with some mouthwash after I was done brushing. She still had yet to say what she wanted to do. This weekend was also her little birthday celebration. I needed to call and make a reservation at this indoor jungle gym place. I forgot what it was called, but it looked fun as hell and the reviews were great.