Part 3: Chapter 53

"Is that him?" Meech asked.

"Yes, that's the dude I was fucking last month—the one I was telling you about. He picked me up at my corner and drove to that location I gave you, the trap house. We fucked, and when we was done, he stepped out the car and made a phone call. That's when I heard him mention the name Red. When he finally got back in the car, he was so heated that he kicked me out. I only remembered the address because I had to call someone to come get me," she confessed, unknowingly helping Meech put all the pieces together. This nigga was the one that handled all of the dirty work for Red. He was the one that recruited those kids, and also the nigga doing the exchanges.

Meech continued to compose himself, trying not to give away the fact that he was now feeling optimistic. With all the dead-ends lately, the cards were now starting to align in his favor.

"So...umm, you got some money?" She asked.

"I ain't giving you shit," Meech frowned.

"Why not? I did everything you asked. You owe me," she boldly stated. Meech quickly turned on her, furious that she had the audacity to demand something from him.

"Whatchu say?" He asked, making her flinch back. She closed her mouth and looked away.

"I'll let Asha deal with your stupid ass," Meech sneered in disgust, turning back to face the front.

"Asha?" She inhaled sharply.

"Boss, he just dropped the bag," Tony said trying to cut through some of the tension. They originally arrived early, waiting to see who was behind the exchanges. Now knowing the correlations, Meech couldn't let this nigga out of his sight. They had to make a move soon before he realized that Kash wasn't gonna show with the money this time around, or ever again.

"We been sitting around all day waiting on this nigga, go get him before he reaches his car," Meech said. Two of his men jumped out the back seat and made a beeline for their target. As expected, he quickly noticed what was about to go down and took off running, but so did Meech's men.

"It won't be long now," Meech mumbled. He needed to handle this shit quickly so that he could go check on Asha before another full day passed.
.....

Asha laid in the tub, soaking her body. She said very little, still shaken up by the dream she had yesterday. Meech still hadn't come, and now she was scared that Imani was dead.

Robyn went into the cabinet and pulled out a clean rag and a new bar of soap.

"I heard Meech is coming soon," she said while carefully lowering herself down onto the edge of the tub. Asha's ears perked up at hearing such news. She thought he would never come. And even though it was getting dark out, Robyn still had hope that he would show.

Robyn then opened the box and emptied the bar into her hand. "Here you go," she handed both the soap and the rag to Asha.

"Thank you." Asha took both items and started washing. Robyn stood, leaving out the bathroom but keeping the door wide open. When Asha was done, she unplugged the drain and grabbed the large towel from off the counter. She dried herself off and wrapped the towel tightly around her body.

In a daze, she stepped in front of the sink and grabbed her toothbrush. She brushed, cleaning her teeth and scrubbing her tongue. She nearly laughed, remembering how Imani used to hate brushing her tongue because it made her gag. The little dramatic heaving sounds that she would make always made Asha laugh.

The sudden unlocking of this memory caused tears to form in Asha's eyes. She quickly finished brushing and turned away from the mirror, catching Robyn standing in the doorway. Asha avoided her gaze before maneuvering out of the bathroom. She spotted the fresh clothes on the bed and quickly put them on. She then scrambled back under the comforter where she let out all of her emotions.