Part 3: Chapter 64

This chapter is long, but it's so important. This is probably the most important chapter in the entire book.
.....
The next morning, I woke up before Cairo. I quietly got out the bed and got dressed. I then went into the bathroom to clean up, grabbing my clothes and throwing them in the hamper. I picked up Cairo's clothes as well and folded them before setting them on the bed. When I was done, I brushed my teeth and washed my face.

My hair was an absolute mess so I basically had to re-wash it. I then parted my hair and two-strand twisted each of the sections. Lastly, I oiled my scalp and pulled my bonnet down over my head.

When I finally stepped back into the room, I noticed that the bed was already made. "You didn't have to do that," I said. Cairo just shrugged and pulled on the last of his clothes.

"I left an extra toothbrush and a rag on the counter for you."

"I appreciate it," he said walking around me.

"Oh, and I was thinking about making breakfast if you're hungry."

"Would it be rude if I said that I just wanna talk?"

"No, but I thought you would be hungry."

"We can eat after."

"But it might be awkward after we talk."

"Then let's not make it awkward," he said. I nodded in agreement.

"Ok. I'll be downstairs when you're done." I then left the room and scurried downstairs to gather my thoughts. When Cairo came down five minutes later, he thanked me for the toothbrush and sat down right next to me on the couch. I crossed my legs and turned my whole body to face him.

"Last night you asked me if you had done anything to upset me, but you didn't. You didn't do anything wrong," I got straight to the point.

"Then what was that speech you gave me over the phone? One minute you're rambling then the next you're saying that you're done with our arrangement. Not to mention, you hung up in my face before I could say anything."

"I know, and that was fucked up, but I panicked. I thought that if I kept my message short and simple, you wouldn't argue with my decision. I didn't expect you to come knocking on my door a day later asking questions."

"Wow, so you really thought that I wasn't gonna feel some type of way?"

"I know. I'm sorry. I honestly didn't want to have this conversation in person because I didn't want your presence to make me indecisive."

"Indecisive about what?"

"About how I feel."

"And how exactly are you feeling?" He asked.

"I feel like we just want two different things," I shrugged. "I want more than just the physical, and I feel like I give you a lot of me but you give me none of you."

"That's not true. You call me crying in the middle of the night, I'm always there for you—no questions asked. I give you my time, my energy, my—"

"You won't give me your heart," I interrupted. He looked stunned for a few seconds so I just kept talking.

"The sex is great Cairo, but I'm not happy with just that."

"But you knew what this was when we started," he argued.