Part 1: Chapter 20

The next morning, Dashawn was gone. I woke up later than usual and took a shower. I was throwing on some sweats when I got a notification. I checked my phone and it was Briana.

Briana: Hey, how are you?

Me: Good, just got out the shower. Wbu?

Briana: I'm good. You know Cairo, Derek, and Brandon are leaving in a few days. Cairo mama throwing them all a farewell party.

Me: When is it?

Briana: Tomorrow

Me: You can't say no. You've been blowing everybody off. Even though we used to it, it would mean a lot if you surprised them and came. We all haven't seen you in months.

Me: okay

Briana: REALLY!

Me: Yes

Briana: Damn okay, I wasn't expecting that. Send me your address and I'll come pick you up.

Me: It's okay. I got a car now

Briana: WHAT!!

Me: Yeah. Send me the address and time and I'll be there.

I was a smiling mess. I miss talking to Briana even if it's just through text. She sent me the address and I laughed to myself before dread started to fill every ounce of my body. What the fuck am I going to wear? No one knows I'm pregnant and I don't plan on telling anyone. I jump up and scramble through my closet. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I'm barely showing, but someone will notice. I just know it. I was about ready to text Briana back that I can't come when my phone rang.

I quickly picked it up and spoke before Robyn could even get a greeting out.

"I need your help."

"W-what's wrong," I could hear the panic in her voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm fine. The baby is fine." She released a long shaky breath.

"I'm sorry," I cringed.

"It's fine. What were you going to say?"

"Oh, umm I'm going to a party tomorrow. Not like a party party, but a gathering of some sorts. My friends from high school are leaving out of the state and going to colleges across the country. I was invited, but they don't know I'm...you know. So, I need help finding something to wear. Something cute, I guess, but not tight. Maybe something black. Black hides everything."

"Ohhhhh, this is serious serious," she says.

"Yes, exactly." She squeals from on the other side of the phone. I've never heard such a noise come from her.

"I see why you scared me half to death. Okay, I'm on my way. I'll bring some stuff I think could fit you. I'm on my way."

.....

"This is pointless," I say shimmying out of another dress she brought with her, all which were too tight.

"I don't wear dresses."

"You should. They suit you."

I shook my head. I didn't know if it was the hormones or what, but I stormed into the bathroom and slammed the door shut before breaking down.

"Asha," she says jiggling the door handle.

"Open the door. Do not lock me out."

I ignored her. I caught a glance of my body in the mirror since I was only in a bra and panties. I looked away and sat on the toilet.