Part 1: Chapter 7

"Hey Asha."

"Hey Briana," I said going through my locker.

"You got work today?" She asked.

"Yea."

"What about tomorrow?" I shook my head no.

"Ok cool, you wanna go with me to the mall tomorrow?"

"Uh-"

"Please," she begged. After a lot of begging, I ended up agreeing. I planned on doing homework all day tomorrow, but it's cool. From out the corner of my eye I could see Kennedy glaring at me. I ignored her and closed my locker.

"Why is that bitch Kennedy glaring at you so hard. I thought she would've stopped by now, but it's been like 5 minutes nonstop damn."

"Umm, I don't know," I lied. No one actually knows that Kennedy is my sister. Why would they anyway? It's not like she talks about me to anyone, and if she does, it's nothin good. I damn sure ain't talking about her. As far as I know, she ain't even my blood. My mom probably transferred me to this school so she could use Kennedy to spy on me. The good thing is, I don't ever have to worry about Kennedy coming up to me in public because she despises me just as much as I despise her. She'd hate for people to know we related.

.....

I walked out of the stall to wash my hands. I nearly froze when I saw Kennedy standing in front of the mirror putting on some lip gloss. I ignored her and washed my hands.

"I heard you was at Brandon's party on Saturday. Interesting he would invite someone like you and not me."

I didn't say anything. "I also heard you was all up on Cairo. Wait till mama find out you was out here being a hoe. Wouldn't be the first time." I gripped the sink so hard my fingers were turning numb. I kept reminding myself that I couldn't do anything to jeopardize me graduating early.

"You're so fucking pathetic," she laughed. I turned to her so fast. She only ever talks to me when she tryna get a rise out of me.

She scoffed, "why would Cairo want to be with some fat insecure hoe like you. If you think you got a shot with someone like him, you're gladly mistaken."

She brushed past me and to the door.

"Stay in a child's place," she said before leaving. I let the frustrated tears fall immediately after she left. She gets on my fucking nerves. I don't ever say shit to her, so I don't know why she's always so quick to put me down. I ain't ever do shit to her. It's like my utter existence irks the fuck out of her. She ain't never gave a shit about me, so I stopped expecting anyone to. I went back into the same stall I came out of and sat on the dirty toilet. I tried to calm myself down, but it wasn't working. I even tried counting to ten a bunch of times. That didn't work either. So, I turned around and stuck my fingers down my throat until I could feel the bile rise. I puked up what little I could. It burned but it also gave a good distraction.

"Asha!?" I jumped at the sound of pounding on the door.

"What's going on?" I quickly fixed myself and wiped my mouth with some tissue and unlocked the stall door. Briana popped her head in. She bent down to my slumped form.

"Are you okay? I was looking for you. Are you sick? What happened?" She pulled me up off the floor.

"It's nothing. I might have eaten something bad."