Part 3: Chapter 60

"You're lucky I'm off the clock. Why the hell am I in Tennessee?" He asked once he pulled up behind the motel and got out his car. Dashawn said nothing, only stepping to the side to reveal the dead body.

"His name is Bob. He's been using this nasty ass motel as a base for his operation. I don't know how long he's been buying and selling missing kids, but I only found out about it after I tracked my daughter down to this location. You know me, I got a little carried away and—"

"Now you need my help?"

"You know I wouldn't ask unless I was desperate, and right now I'm hella desperate. So yes, I need all this shit to go away—this body right here and all the ones back in Georgia. I don't know what you gotta do, but I need it all gone."

"Fuck, D," the man placed his hands on top of his head and started pacing.

"There are also ten little girls and a woman in room 15. The girls need medical treatment and some help locating their families. Will you handle it?"

"I have no authority in Tennessee," he stopped in front of Dashawn.

"I know, but I also know that you have connections due to your position," D said.

"I can't keep doing this," the man spoke.

"I got that, but you still owe me."

"I know, I know. But this is twice now that I've had to cover your ass in a big way. What happened to you being dead?"

"I still am. I didn't intend on making such a huge mess, but I had no other choice but to step in and find my daughter. I made sure to cover my tracks, but now I need you to double and triple check for me. I can't have my name or my crew's name tied to any of this, and you're the only person I trust to make it all disappear. Then I promise I will sit my ass down."

"Where is your daughter now?" The man asked.

"In the hospital."

"Do you remember which one?" Dashawn quickly searched his memory before reciting the name and address of the hospital.

"How is she doing?" He then asked.

"I don't know," Dashawn answered honestly. "I couldn't stick around, but I hope she's okay."

The man nodded in response. He then took a moment to think to himself. He had to somehow come up with a plan to effectively handle the situation—one that wasn't too complex, but also detailed enough to keep people from asking questions. And he not only had to keep Dashawn's name out of it, but also his name too if he wanted his reputation to stay clean.

And when he at least had the first part figured out, he disclosed his plan to Dashawn.

"I will send someone that I trust up to the hospital. I need you to have your daughter discharged immediately. The hospital will ask questions, but that's why I'm sending an officer. Go back to Georgia and have her taken somewhere private for treatment."

"What about those girls?" Dashawn asked.

"I will handle it. I'll take care of everything, but Dashawn I'm serious about this being the last time. We're even after this." Dashawn nodded to show that he understood the severity of the situation. He also knew that this final request of his meant that their agreement was now over.

"I'll need the full details of what happened so that I can tie up loose ends in Georgia, but for now just go make sure your daughter is okay and get the hell out of here."
.....