Part 2: Chapter 31

"Hello," I answered the phone. I didn't recognize the number.

"I heard you been looking for me," a deep husky voice spoke through the phone.

"Hey, Meech."

"Wassup Asha. Whatchu need from me?"

"Uhhh, can I come see you? I actually just got in town literally thirty minutes ago. You got perfect timing."

"Come by the club," he said.

"The club? I thought Penny said you don't be at the club."

"I don't, but give me twenty minutes," was all he said.

"Okay."

We got off the phone and I went to go get my keys. I was a bit tired from work and the drive here, but I wanted to get this out of the way before I changed my mind again. Royce was spending the night at Iris's house so I basically had the night off from mommy duties. Robyn also was busy so she wasn't here either.

I drove to the club and went around the back. It felt weird not seeing Mac guarding the back exit, but I wasn't surprised. He was loyal to Dashawn, so when he died, Mac left. It's not that he refused to work for Meech, he just couldn't bring himself to do it. The security guard looked me up and down. I told him my name and he spoke through some ear piece, acting all official and shit. He let me in and I went to D's old office, except it was completely empty. I walked further into the room, remembering what it looked like before. I frowned.

"Ain't nobody tryna replace D."

"I know," my frown deepened even more before I fixed my face.

"I guess it's better that this room is empty. I just miss him that's all," I said turning around.

Meech took in my figure and I had to try hard not to blush. "You look good," he said.

Nope, see that's what we not about to do. I mumbled a thanks before walking around him and out the door. He closed it behind him and even locked the door. He took me to another part of the club, passing the main section where the poles and bars were. It was crowded for a Tuesday night.

"Is it always this crowded on a Tuesday?" I asked as I walked in front of him. He easily guided me through the room by my waist. It wasn't until we started going up some stairs that he began to answer my question.

"From what I hear it's always crowded. It don't matter what day of the week." I nodded as I hurried up the stairs. Once I made it up them, I looked behind me and Meech was smirking at me as he ascended the last few steps. I rolled my eyes. He opened one of the doors and we walked into a room set up like an office space. It was mostly bare, but it was surprisingly nice and spacious.

His office overlooked the stage where a dancer was currently dancing. I just stood there admiring the way she moved. Regardless of what people say, I think stripping is an art. It takes talent to spin around on a pole and make it look effortless. Sure, anyone can learn to do it, but it takes actual talent to do what they do successfully and not just as a little hobby. Not to mention, it's obvious if a dancer ain't good, so I bet these girls gotta constantly work their asses off to not get overlooked by another dancer that can come up right behind them and be 10x better. At least, that's what I think.

"I wish I was confident enough to do something like that," I accidentally said out loud.

"You got the body for it."

"That's not what I meant. Don't you gotta have like actual talent?"

"Trust, it's not that deep. All you gotta do is shake some ass. Niggas don't care if you on the pole or not. All they wanna see is ass, titties, and pussy if you willing," he laughed. I stole a glance at him and rolled my eyes yet again.