Part 1: Chapter 2

Once my first class was done, I set off to find my next one. I was relieved when my class was exactly where the map said it would be. I was one of the first few people to arrive. I introduced myself to the teacher and he gave me some assignments that I needed to catch up on. He also gave me an empty desk near the back.

"Hey," a voice said grabbing my attention. I turned behind me and that same girl from the hall waved at me. She was really pretty. Her hair was styled in box braids and she had a pink romper on with some sandals.

"Hi," I said back.

"My name is April, what's your name?"

"It's Asha," I said turning back around.

"You don't talk much. You must be shy." I scoffed to myself. "That's cool tho, what school you transferred from?"

I didn't really say anything. The last thing I wanted was for her to think I was rude, but I just wasn't in the mood to talk. I'm only shy around people that I don't know. I'm also very skeptical of strangers because not everyone has your best interests. I don't know her, she doesn't know me. Usually when people see that I like to stay to myself, they just ignore me. She seemed like she was the opposite.

"Ok well, I guess I'll just leave you alone...for now," she mumbled before sitting back in her chair.

A few seconds later, the same group that was standing in front of my locker came through the door, including that guy Cairo. I looked away before he could catch me staring. They walked past me and took the desks behind me. They started talking. I just kept my head lowered as I scribbled in my book.

The room got packed real fast, and the teacher came in as soon as the bell rang. I mostly took notes, but every so often, my mind would wander and I would end up missing some stuff.
.....

"Asha!" I turned around to see April jogging up to me.

"Wow, you move fast." I watched as she put her hands on her knees and tried to catch her breath.

"Do you have lunch now?"

"Yea, why?"

"You can sit with me if you'd like, no pressure tho." I slightly smiled at her persistence. I didn't want to keep ignoring her so I said yes.

"Ok."

"Cool, where is your locker again?" She walked with me to my locker so I could put my books away. I grabbed my water bottle. Then I followed her to hers. While at April's locker, I spotted Kennedy a few lockers down talking to her friends. She is a senior so hopefully I won't have to see her much.

We made it to the cafeteria and April made it her duty to try and explain everything to me. She was spewing out so much information that it went in one ear and out the other.

"I'm not eating," I stated.

"Umm, why not?" I just shrugged.

"I actually have work after school and I plan on eating there," I lied. Usually I would have work but I took off today.

"Okay well the table is this way." I followed behind her until we got to the table. There were so many people. That same group from earlier consisting of Cairo, the one girl, another guy, plus people I haven't seen yet.

"Y'all this is Asha, she new and she shy, but I invited her to sit with us so be nice." They made room for me to sit. 

"This Derek." she pointed to a guy that had smooth dark chocolate skin, a low fade, a nose piercing, and very plump lips. He was handsome. He nodded to me and I smiled back.

"This is Ashanti, that's Brandon, Cairo, and I'm April as you already know."

Ashanti is the mean one. She seemed real unbothered and like she didn't accept new comers easily. Luckily for her, I didn't plan on making this an everyday thing. Her red hair stood out and contrasted nicely with her carmel skin. She was pretty but not very welcoming. Brandon was cute with his tan skin and his well-groomed goatee. He also sported two diamond stud earrings. He looked like he was mixed with something, especially with his brown loose curls. And Cairo, he was staring at me like he could see right through me. He was so sexy. I'm never one to gawk, but I could appreciate a good looking guy. He was way out of my league. I waved to all of them.

"You not eating," Brandon asked me.

"I got a water," I said pointing to my half empty bottle.

"That's not food."

"I guess not then," I shrugged indifferently.

I looked down at the table and fiddled with the cap. Not long after, they started to talk amongst themselves as if I wasn't there. They goofed around and cracked jokes. It made me a little envious, just a little. I learned that they were all seniors. Since I'm mostly in advanced classes, I might run into them, I might not. After some time, I decided to leave. I needed to send a quick text and head to my next class.

"Where you going?" April asked as I stood up.

"Oh, uh to the restroom. Thanks for letting me sit with y'all." I walked away before she could say anything. I went to my locker to grab my phone before making my way to the nearest restroom.

Me: hey, I'm running out. Could I meet you somewhere?

D: you know I be busy

Me: please. I can come see you

D: where yo ass at?

Me: my new school but I can come right after

D: ight, send me the address. one of my peoples will pick you up.

I put my phone up right in time to hear the first bell ring.

The rest of the day went by fast. I got more homework to catch up on, but I don't mind. I have eight classes total but four each day. It alternates so I won't have these classes again until Wednesday. My last two classes of the day were boring and uneventful. As soon as I heard that dismissal bell, I was out.

I was one of the first few people out the door. I spotted my ride a block up from the school. I rushed over to it and hopped in.

"Wassup Asha." I turned to the side and smiled at Dashawn.

"I thought you was gone have one of your people pick me up," I said. 

He just smiled showing off his grillz. I shook my head.

........
You can mostly imagine the characters however you want, except for the little details I give about each one of them.

If you like the story so far please VOTE!