Part 1: Chapter 22

I would say pregnancy gets better over time, but it has got progressively worse for me. The morning sickness is not as bad, but it hasn't completely gone away. Also, my blood pressure continues to fluctuate. My doctor told me to monitor my blood pressure often and go to the hospital if it gets too high. But, I've been okay as of lately.

Today, I have class and therapy. Then after, I'm gonna go see Dashawn. He's been busy as usual so he told me to come by the club.

I am getting so big it's weird. I won't find out the sex of the baby until my next appointment which is next week. But, that's even if I want to know. Dashawn said it's up to me, but I don't mind waiting. I'm in no rush to know. It won't matter anyway, boy or girl. I think Dashawn wants a boy though. Don't all men want boys?

I took a shower and brushed my teeth, which took longer then I wanted. I couldn't stop from gagging on the smell of the toothpaste. I wore a big t-shirt as always and some sweatpants since it was getting cold outside. I ate a plain bagel for breakfast and drank a bunch of water and grabbed two body armor drinks before stuffing them in my bag. Dashawn would kill me if he knew how heavy my bag was.

When I made it on campus, I parked in front of the building of my first class and got out. I mentally prepared myself for the long day.

.....

"Asha," Mac nodded in my direction as he opened the back door for me.

"Hey Mac," I smiled in his direction. Mac was one of Dashawn's security guards for the strip club. Mac and I often talked about deep shit like his wife and kids. Dashawn pay good, so Mac has always stuck around. He led me to Dashawn's office. I opened the door and looked around. Of course, Dashawn was no where to be found. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll let D know you're here."

I plopped down on the couch and removed my shoes. My feet were so sore. I sat with my legs crossed and pulled out my phone. I scrolled through my notes which had my long list of assignments on it. I started going through everything and making a plan. About forty-five minutes went by when the door opened. Dashawn strolled in, eyes searching around the room until he spotted me.

"I told you to call before you came," he said walking over to me.

"I forgot," I shrugged. "You knew I was coming though."

"I forgot," he teased back.

"You hungry?"

I nodded and he held out a bag of Chinese food. I clapped my hands in excitement, my mood instantly changing. "Yo bipolar ass," he laughed. I pulled out everything and placed the food on the table in front of me to decide what I wanted to eat first. I picked a small box of fried rice and some spring rolls. Dashawn sat next time to me and watched me as I ate.

"Why you staring at me so hard," I said with a mouth full of food.

"I can't look at you now?"

"No," I frowned.

"It makes me uncomfortable," I cocked my head to the side in annoyance. Dashawn laughed, making my frown deepen.

"My son got you acting up." He caressed my stomach and I let him.

"I bet it's a girl," I mumbled.