Chapter 30

Come thru sometime today if you can.

Punch | 11:12 a.m.

Quincey locked his phone then placed it back down beside him on the bed. He didn't understand why he was up so early, but there was no going back to sleep now.

Before hopping out of bed and starting his day, he decided to shoot Brielle a quick 'good morning beautiful' text. The message made her smile of course, before she replied the same.

They both were happy and relived to slowly but surely come back to good terms.

After completing his morning hygiene routine, he proceeded to get dressed. He grabbed something to eat, then checked in with his mom before leaving. He was free to go by the studio for a couple of hours, so that's exactly what he did.

He started to see if Bre wanted to go with him, but quickly remembered that he could only see her during school. Brushing it off with a sigh, he replied back to Punch's text to let him know that he was on his way.

Once arriving at the studio, the first person who noticed his presence was Jay Rock. A shocked expression ran across his face before quickly turning it into a mug. Quincey returned the look, taking a seat on the couch behind the computer he sat next to.

Although he may have shot him, no one placed fear in his heart except for God.

The person who was actually behind the computer was one of their in house producers, Ali. He was busy mixing material that sported Rock's voice, that was most likely going to be used for an upcoming project. Once he was finished, he took time to greet him.

"What's up?"

"Hey, Punch told me to stop by," he informed him.

"Oh you the Quincey dude he been talking bout?"

"Yeah," he smiled with a nod.

Quincey wondered what type of things he told him and the others.

"I've heard nothing but good things. I've heard a few of your stuff too. Keep it up."

"Thank you, I certainly will."

"Punch should be here any minute. He left an hour ago to pick up something to eat."

"Ok cool," he nodded again.

"You met Yay Rock yet or the others?" he chuckled, looking over at Rock.

"Yeah," Quincey faked a smile. "I've met SZA too but that's it."

"I'm sure you'll meet the others soon. It's three more of them niggas - K. Dot, Soul, and Isaiah. Kendrick ain't never here, we rarely see that nigga. Soul here every now and then, and Isaiah been here a lot more too gearing up for another project. I'm surprised you haven't met him yet."

Just then Punch himself walked through the door with a bag of food and Isaiah right behind him.

"There that nigga Zay right there," Rock blurted.

"What's up? Was I the topic of the conversation?" Isaiah questioned with a grin.

"Yeah I was telling Q here about you and the others signed," Ali replied.

"Q? Who this? New member?"

He took a curious look over at Quincey before looking back at Ali.

"Potential new member. We got a close watch on him," Punch answered.

"Oh shit that's what's up," he approved, looking back over at Quincey. "I'm Zay."

"Q," Quincey replied with a dap.