Chapter 1

So I recently just found out that Q actually has an 'e' in his name .. so excuse me while I edit .. some fan I am lol

__________________

Quincey stared at his reflection in the mirror one last time before grabbing his cell phone, and his keys from off of his night stand. Once shutting off his light, he silently made his way downstairs and prayed his mother was still asleep. Quincey wasn't the type of person who liked to sneak and do things behind his mother's back, but he knew if she knew where he was going she would be up his ass and down his back about it.

Just when he thought the coast was clear, his mother's voice startled him. Great he thought to himself.

"Where you think you going this time of night?" his mother questioned, examining his attire, then glancing over at the tall god father clock that stood across the room.

Quincey sported a plain red hoodie, navy blue jeans, and a pair of Jordan Retro 6's. The draw strings of his hoodie were sloppily tied into a bow, and one of his many bucket hats sat loosely on top of his head.

"A party," he dragged out his sentence in a questioning tone as he watched her take a pull from the cigarette that he didn't even notice was in between her fingers.

There was no point of lying, he thought.

One of his friends, who's known in the streets as Trigg, was throwing a back to school house party (even though he didn't go to school), just a few streets over. It was a Saturday night, and every body who was any body was going to be in attendance. Trigg's party was going to be the talk Monday morning when everyone got back to school, and was already labeled as 'the party of the summer' just because of Trigg's status.

Plus, Quincey promised Trigg he would be there tonight.

"Quincey you know how I feel about you going to those damn parties," she sighed as she exhaled the cigarette smoke.

"I know ma' I promise this the last one," he pleaded. "The start of Senior year is Monday! Everybody is gone be at that party!"

"Fuck that everybody gone be there shit. Mess around and lose your life at some damn party before you even get to see Senior year! Too busy wanting to follow what everybody else is doing. How about Quincey Hanley be a leader for once? Almost every party now days ends with someone firing shots! When will you ever learn? Can't you understand that I don't want to lose my only son to these streets and the cruel world that's wrapped around it? Quincey bullets -"

"Have no name on them. I know, I know," Q finished her sentence.

The room grew silent again as Quincey waited for her to say something. Preferably, giving him permission to attend Trigg's party.

"So, what? You're just going to let everything I just said to you go in one ear and out the other?"

Quincey let out a sigh as he turned back around and started for the stairs. It looked like he wasn't going to that party tonight.

"Go to that party if you want to since you think you have your whole life figured out."

"Really?" Quincey practically yelled as his eyebrows raised. "I can go?"

"Quincey this better -"

Before she could even finish her sentence, Quincey attacked her in a bear hug.

"I promise," he kissed her forehead.

"Quincey that 'gangster' mentality is gone fuck you up in the end. You not gone learn until it's too late."