Chapter 16

Bre woke up the morning with intentions of having a better day. Considering a lot has been going on in her life at home, she was looking forward to getting away from her mom for a few hours and at least speaking to Quincey.

However, little did she know, her day wouldn't be any better. Why? Because her day was already pre-planned out by her mother.

When she arrived at school, a pass from the office was sent to her first period class. She was told to report there immediately. She earned a few stares from people, including Quincey, as she grabbed her things to leave.

On her way to the office, she thought of all the things she could have possibly did to be called down to the office. Yet, she couldn't think of not one. She was a good student who was well behaved at school so she could avoid situations like this.

Not only was her teacher and peers shocked, she was herself!

Upon arriving at the main office, she found it pretty packed. Considering it was first period, the reason was probably because students were late to school. No one rarely ever got in trouble in the morning.

Once checking in at the front desk, instead of taking a seat to wait, she was told to go straight back to the office to speak to her councilor. She didn't like the fact that authority needed to talk to her immediately, but the fact that it was her councilor made her feel a little better.

Her councilor was over personal things that had to deal with her. If she was called into the principle or assistant's office - then that's when she knew she was in trouble.

"Hello Ms. Davis," her councilor greeted her.

Bre greeted her councilor back as she took a seat in front of his desk.

"Don't worry, you aren't in trouble."

"Thank you," she sighed in relief.

"You're the type of student who isn't familiar with the trouble anyways," he pointed out.

"Yeah I try not to be," she replied.

"You're a good student," he smiled. "We need more like you."

"Thank you," Bre smiled l, taking the compliment.

"But any who, just a little schedule change up, that's all."

"I'm getting my schedule changed?" Bre questioned with a raise of her eye brows.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Didn't you request one? Your mother called our office and said that you would like a change."

"She did?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "And she specifically said that you don't need any classes with Quincey Hanley because I'm guessing there was a problem between you two. Which is actually shocking because he's a pretty good student, one of the top of his class and was a pretty good player for the football team before he was injured. I've never heard anything about him bothering someone or in a situation with somebody."

Yeah, he is - Bre thought to herself. As if he read her mind, he continued.

"But as far as a person, I have no idea."

He shrugged as he typed away on his computer.

Bre couldn't believe this. She was upset that she went as far as changing her schedule to make it seem as if she asked for it. However, that wasn't the only that she had ready for her. The day wasn't over yet.

"Just let me notify teachers of a new student on their roster then I'll print this out and you can be on your way to your new first period," he smiled before getting up from his desk.