Chapter 29

Quincey got to his history class early the next day. Terrell had missed the bus and would be coming late, and Donovan had to meet in the office with his counselor about something.

When he arrived, the same guy from yesterday was blasting his music for the class to hear. Brielle was busy writing something in her notebook, and the teacher was in the hall monitoring until the bell rang.

Once it finally did, he instructed the class to get to work with their partners. Some obeyed, while others blew off the whole assignment. The teacher sat behind his desk - on his computer, not actually caring.

Quincey didn't dare look at Bre as he grabbed his things to sit next to his partner. His partner was pretty smart so he knew they would get a good grade, but Bre on the other hand was miserable. Not only did her partner stink, but she also made bad grades.

She knew that this project would be a total fail unless she completed it herself.

The thing with that though, is that she couldn't. She couldn't focus. The body odor her partner gave off was enough to distract her all together. Not to mention, all she could think about was Quincey who sat on the other side of the classroom.

Luckily, the class went pretty quickly - and the rest of her schedule went even faster. She managed to not say a single word to Quincey fourth period, unlike yesterday, which she was proud of. Since he was pretending not to care, she had to play along.

She couldn't let him see her weak.

Once lunch rolled around, Brielle sat down at the table with a jolly Ashante - as usual. They both had grabbed a slice of pizza and a bottled water to drink. The moment they took a seat at their table, Shante's mouth got to going.

She was always the first to talk.

"So," Ashante smiled. "Updates on the bet?"

"He's still ignoring me," Bre sighed, biting into her pizza. "Now I believe someone's eyebrows aren't going to be on fleek because you owe me seven dollars ma'am."

"The day isn't over boo. He gone call you up tonight with some plans watch."

"I highly doubt that," Bre rolled her eyes.

"You have no type of hope or faith," Ashante laughed. "Of course he's not going to."

"I'm just being real," she sighed.

"Well since you're so sure that he isn't going to call you tonight, hence the fact that it's Friday, do you want to do something?"

"Sure. Something like what?"

"I don't know. We could go to the movies tonight. I could look up what's playing."

"Alright cool. What time are we talking?"

"I don't know, maybe 7?"

"Seven is fine," Bre smiled. "Movies it is. I need something to do to take my mind off of that asshole anyways."

The good news, was neither Bre or Ashante had a shift to work tonight, due to Joy hiring a bunch of new people. The bad news, was that Bre still had a ton of work to do. She had electronic homework due by midnight.

Considering she was going out to the movies with Ashante, the more she got done by seven, the better. Luckily, she completed them all by that time, but there would soon be a change of plans.

Bre sighed in relief as she closed her laptop. The time read 6:03 p.m. She climbed off of her bed to look in her closet for something to wear. All they were going to was the movies, but knowing Ashante, she would want to take pictures together for Instagram.