Chapter 13

Today was now the third day that Quincey would be missing of school. And he was hoping that today would be the last. Trigg wanted him to come by at an early 7 o'clock so he could finally show him the ropes to everything. He informed him that they would be on the streets selling work all day, and to wear something comfortable and right for the weather.

Considering that Quincey actually cherished sleep and loved his bed, he was dreading getting up. However, he knew things needed to be done. And if he didn't show up, money wouldn't be made and Trigg would be down his back about it. After hitting snooze a total of three times, Quincey finally jumped out of bed, rushing to get his day started on time.

Once showering and brushing his teeth, he threw on a plain white v-neck and a pair of grey sweats. He then grabbed his phone and keys, kissing his sleeping mother good bye, then left out of the door, hopping into his car. Quincey nearly fell asleep behind the wheel because of how tired he was, but he safely arrived to his destination nevertheless.

When he got there, he found Jesus and Roland packaging product while Trigg sat on the couch while on the phone, just like the other day. Noticing his presence, they all nodded his way as Quincey did the same, taking a seat on the arm chair across from Trigg.

"You look tired as hell bro," said Roland, noticing his droopy eyes and slumped body.

"I am," he groaned. "I'm hungry too."

"Me too," chimed in Jesus.

"Nigga you're always hungry. What the fuck is new?"

"My money."

Quincey laughed as Roland shook his head.

"Don't laugh at his lame ass."

"Please don't," said Trigg.

"Y'all some hating ass niggas," Jesus sucked his teeth.

"How?" Trigg asked.

"Y'all just are."

"Shut the fuck up, dumb ass nigga," he spoke again. "But I am hungry. What sounds to eat?"

"See, I'm not the only one hungry," Jesus said to Roland.

"Q you hungry?" asked Roland.

"Yeah, I could eat something to wake me up."

"Nigga are you hungry?" Trigg asked Roland.

"Yeah," he sighed.

"Alright then, case settled. What sounds good to eat?" he asked again. "And 'Sus don't say no damn McDonald's."

"Fuck. I don't know then."

"You seriously was about to say that bullshit?" Roland questioned. "You are really sick nigga."

"I was playing. I was gonna say Waffle House."

"Damn, that actually does sound good," said Trigg.

"That or iHop," Quincey chimed in.

"I haven't been there in a grip," Roland replied to him.

"Me either, but Waffle House sounds better," said Jesus.

"Nigga we not always gone get what you want," Gavin stated.

"But we never do since y'all claim that all I ask for is McDonald's," he reminded him.

"I guess you got a point. Waffle House it is."

"Yes," Jesus clapped in excitement.

"Head ass nigga," Roland shook his head.