Chapter 26

Ironically, Quincey had sold some of the weed for Bre's brother since she had first found it. Meaning, there wasn't nearly as much underneath his bed anymore. The last bit of product he had, he planned on selling to some guys interested at school. However, when he went to grab it this morning, before Bre cold wake up, he discovered it no where to be found.

Panicking, he immediately blamed Bre, not hesitating to wake her up out of her sleep.

"Yo, get up!" he yelled, attempting to shake her from her slumber.

Bre moaned as her body continued to shake by his sudden force.

"Bre! Wake up!" he yelled again before shaking her harder.

Her eyes suddenly peeked open, instantly growing confused before wincing in pain.

"What? What?" she nervously questioned, making an effort to break free of the grip he had on her arm.

"I had some weed underneath my bed - I know you peeped it."

"What? I don't know what you're talking about." she lied, trying to roll back over and fall asleep again.

"No," he shook her once more, causing her to jump in fear. "I know you know what the fuck I'm talking about Bre. That shit was just there last night. Now it's gone!"

"So what are you trying to say? Are you accusing me of taking your dumb ass weed?" she roared back. "This is what you wake me up for? This shit?"

"What else wound explain my shit no longer being there? Shit doesn't just grow legs and walk the fuck away! Where the fuck is my stuff yo?"

"I don't fucking know!" she cried. "But you can calm the hell down and let go of my arm! You're hurting me!"

Refusing to accept her answer, he forcefully shoved her away, finally letting his grip go on her arm. Storming out of the room, Bre found herself crying, looking down at the bruise that was beginning to form. That was only the second time he rough handled her but she was truly begging to grow worried. Afraid to leave the room to get ready, she silently cried herself back to school.

-

After a few minutes flew past, with Quincey never returning back to the room, she decided to make her way out the bed, beginning to creep to the bathroom. But to her discovery, he wasn't even in the house anymore. Figuring he must have left when he stormed the room, she sighed in relief. However, she now realized that she didn't have a way to school.

She thought to call Ashante but she didn't want to have to deal with her loud personality this early in the morning - especially considering the crappy mood that she was now in - all because of Quincey. And she knew that having his mother take her to school wasn't an option.

Accepting the fact that she would have to walk to school, ultimately resulting in her being late, she sighed at her reflection in the bathroom mirror before finally jumping into the shower.

Since she was going to be late, she didn't see the use in rushing. Taking her sweet time, the excuse that she had created in her mind was she need time to recollect her thoughts. However, it wasn't much of an excuse because it was actually quite true. Considering everything around her had been going at a fast pace, she rarely took time to slow down and catch up with her thoughts.

About an hour and a half later, Bre was swinging her book bag on her back, saying goodbye to Quincey's mother before finally leaving out the house. When she arrived to school, she discovered that students were currently in the second period of the day.

Making her way through the doors of the office, she confronted the woman at the front desk.

"Good morning, how can I assist you?"