Chapter 18

The next morning, Bre woke up to the touch of  Quincey's hand on her face. He was lightly smacking her in attempt to get her to wake up. Once her eyes finally opened, he gave her a kiss on the forehead before speaking.

"Baby it's time to get up," he informed her as she suddenly looked over to check the time on her phone.

They had an hour until they had to be at school for first period. Quincey was actually attending today and figured he would wake her up too. You would think that it would be the other way around but Bre badly needed all the sleep she could get.

She would have over slept if it wasn't for him waking her up.

She groaned as he helped her out the bed. Thanking him, she grabbed her things before heading out the room and down the hall to the bathroom. Once brushing her teeth and getting undressed, she stood in the shower collecting her thoughts for a while, then proceeded to shower and continue getting ready.

Minutes later, Quincey and Bre both were climbing in his car, headed for school. Or so Bre thought. Instead of going his usual way to school, in the direction of it, they were headed in the opposite direction.

Turning a corner, Bre looked over at Quincey from the passenger seat before questioning him.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"McDonald's," he replied. "We got a few minutes. We'll make it on time goody two shoes."

Bre looked at him harder, trying to tell if he was joking or not. It was too early in the morning for him to be trying to be funny.

Instead of going through the drive thru, Quincey parked before quickly turning off the car and unbuckling the seatbelt.

"What do you want," he asked, looking over at her.

She ignored him as she pulled out her cellphone, opening her Wattpad app to continue reading a story that was currently saved in her library. Quincey sighed with a shake of his head before getting out the car, leaving her in the car alone. Locking up then going inside, he purchased a bacon egg and cheese biscuit for himself, cinnamon melts for Bre, and two cups of orange juice for the both of them.

Although she was mad, for whatever reason, he was still going to buy her something to eat. He wasn't going to let her go hungry. And knowing her, she would probably be even more mad if he didn't think to get her something anyways.

Hopping back inside the car, he closed the driver side door behind him before looking over at her. She was now facing forward looking out the windshield window, however she was still ignoring him. Reaching out to hand her the bag with her cinnamon melts and orange juice, he nudged her for her to take it.

She looked over at him before looking down at the bag then back at him. She muttered the words "thank you" before taking the bag and cup from his hands.

Arriving to the school just a few minutes before the bell for first period rang, Quincey and Bre went their separate ways. Bre met up with Ashante in the mornings before having to deal with Andre, and Quincey figured he would speak to the boys sine he finally returned to school.

However, to his surprise, neither Terrell or Donovan were in their usual spot by the lockers. It was odd because they rarely ever missed school. Especially not Donovan. He was always the one concerned about attendance and credit denials. Shrugging it off, Quincey continued on to his first period class.

"So I'm guessing your man bought that for you."

Bre sat in her first period class, unfortunately taking her seat next to Andre. She dreaded first period with this guy every day - just because of him. He was referring to the McDonald's bag that contained her cinnamon melts and her cup of orange juice that was already half empty.