Chapter 12

The next day was another day of work at Quincey's new "job". And another day of work meant another day of school missed, plus another excuse that he would have to come up with to his feed his mother. It was all getting to be too much, and it didn't help that things were just starting.

Unfortunately, there was nothing that he could actually do.

Quincey made sure to wake up way earlier than he did the day before. That way, he could beat traffic and actually get there on time to avoid any more problems with his new boss. To his surprise, he actually arrived 5 minutes early, instead of being 5 minutes late.

He managed to make himself and his mother breakfast, and beat traffic as well. She was still sound asleep when he left, so he made sure to leave her a plate in the microwave, and write her a quick note. In the note, he told her about the breakfast, but not about his whereabouts, which he knew she would probably question later.

When arriving at the trap house, he discovered Trigg, Jesus and Roland there as usual. Trigg was on the phone handling business, and Jesus and Roland both were in the kitchen taking care of product. If Quincey didn't know any better, he would have thought that he was late. Upon noticing him walking in the room, Jesus and Roland nodded at him, as Trigg looked over for a brief moment before continuing his phone call.

After the phone call was finished, Trigg hung up the phone before looking back over at Quincey.

"Look who's actually on time today," he stated, getting off the couch in which he sat on.

Quincey rolled his eyes as they dapped each other up.

"You know I had to - boss," Quincey replied, putting emphasis on the word boss.

Trigg smirked, liking the sound of it.

"Well, since you're early you can chill out for a bit, or you can get a head start like them niggas over there."

Quincey looked back over at Roland and Jesus who were still weighing and packaging product.

"I'll get started," he sighed. "What y'all need help with?"

"We're actually almost done," said Jesus.

"Nigga now why the fuck are you lying? Y'all literally just started."

"Um, we actually didn't," Roland replied. "We started right before you got on the phone."

"Exactly," added Trigg. "Which wasn't that long ago. So you tryna say I was running my mouth on the phone for more than 5 minutes?"

"Um yeah, you actually were."

"Nigga you were on the phone with Fallen," Roland spoke again.

"What is that suppose to mean? And how the fuck you know who I'm speaking to on the phone? Nosey ass boy."

"I know that's who you were talking to because you were on the phone for hours talking about some gay shit."

"Gay shit like what boy?"

"I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I'm sorry I'm not the best but I love you and my seed. I'm getting this money holding it down in the streets for the both of y'all. I promise as long as you're riding for me I got you," Roland mocked, cocking his head to the side.

Jesus and Quincey both chuckled as Trigg rolled his eyes.

"Nigga I ain't say all that now. You tryna make me sound like a bitch."

"Bro, ain't that what the fuck he just said?" Roland nudged Jesus, looking for him to back him up.

"Yeah, you did say all that shit," he laughed again.