Chapter 30

After seeing that Bre had spotted him with her brother and his sidekicks, he knew his life was over. Bre told him time and time again that she never wanted him hanging around Trigg and she just so happened to catch him with just that person. He knew she was upset and would probably never talk to him again.

However, he had to keep in mind the reason he got himself in the situation in the first place. He had to keep in mind why he turned against her to work with just that person she informed him to stay away from. His plan was to just come clean and apologize but also let her know that there was no stopping at this point.

Yet, he was afraid that this might have been the last straw with him. He was afraid that their relationship was finally done for. He was afraid that she found the proof she needed and she had finally had enough. But he was also quite curious as to why she was with the last person he personally wanted to see her with.

Maybe she was getting even?

He wanted to talk to her just as bad as she probably wanted answers from him. But that would have to come later. Trigg still had work for him to do and there was still money to be made.

-

With the clock going on 10 o'clock, it was time for Quincey to finally return home. Leaving his duties behind for the night, he sighed as he knew that he now had to face his girlfriend. The same girlfriend whom he had lied to about his whereabouts and the same girl who told him to never do business with the guy she caught him with today.

He knew he had a lot of explaining and confessing to do and was definitely not ready for it.

Making his way through the front door, he found Bre curled up on the couch. She was covered in a heavy blanket but she wasn't asleep just yet. He could tell that she had been crying. She laid there, looking off into space as he sighed once more.

"Bre," he breathed before being replied with silence.

"I can explain why you found the way you did earlier. I promise so never meant for none of this to pan out this way."

Silence.

"I love you - I do."

Bre continued to weep, deciding to ignore his words. Letting out another sigh, Quincey trudged upstairs and to his room to go to sleep for the night.

-

The next morning, Bre was surprised to see Quincey still at the house. Any other time he would be gone before she woke up. But today, she found him sitting at the kitchen table, munching on a bowl of cereal as she went to find herself something eat.

"Good morning," he greeted her as she stood there, looking at him.

"Morning," she dryly replied before making her way to fridge to grab the gallon of milk - only to discover that he had took the last of it.

Closing the door of the refrigerator without another word, she started to leave out of the kitchen when he stopped her.

"Can we talk?"

"What is there to talk about?"

"What happened yesterday."

"What about yesterday? That shit is the past."

"But it's still relevant is it not?"

Bre rolled her eyes before looking at him, leaning against the door frame.

"I'm sorry, alright?" he confessed.

"For what," she asked, uninterested in hearing his sorry excuses.