Chapter 8

Brielle made sure to keep the promise she made with Quincy and talk to her mom about getting him a job at the diner. Brielle's mother was more than excited about some possible new help around the diner, but of course, she bombarded Bre with tons of questions.

Who is this Quincy guy? Why am I just now hearing about him? Is he your little boyfriend now? How y'all meet? Why you want him to work with you? He a good worker? He not one of those hoodlums off the street is he?

And the questions went on and on.

Brielle told her mother straight up that Quincy was a friend of hers who needed a little extra money to pay for his football fees. Figuring that he needed a job for a good cause, Brielle's mother decided go ahead and give Brielle's friend the green light for a job. Trusting her daughter that her friend was a good candidate, she said that Quincy could start tomorrow.

Joy couldn't wait to meet Quincy, and Brielle couldn't wait to tell Quincy the good news.

Due to Quincy and Brielle having a strict History teacher first period, fourth period Journalism was the only free time they had to talk to each other. Although the school year had just started, their History teacher was already enforcing rules and was sending students out left and right for breaking the rules they set.

In Journalism, the only thing they were working on was an AP Style Journalism project. Quincy and Brielle always had time to talk in Journalism.

"So guess what," Brielle lightly bumped Quincy's arm with hers.

"Wassup baby girl?"

"I talked to my mom about getting you a job."

"Oh for real? How that go?"

"Quincy Hanley is now employed at Joy's Diner," Bre smiled.

"Shut the fuck up," he smiled. "You for real?"

"Yeah, I told her what you needed the job for and she said she would be more than happy to help you with a little extra cash."

"Oh word? No interview no nothing?"

"Na she said she'll trust me with putting on someone who's serious and not a hoodlum."

"Aw na. That's definitely not me. Yo' moms gone like me. Trust."

"Whatever," Bre laughed.

"When I start?"

"Today after school."

"Alright then bet!" Quincy smiled, slapping and rubbing his hands together. "You real as fuck. Thanks for coming through for me. Appreciate it."

"Anything for a friend," she smiled.

He smiled too as they began to finally get to work. About half way into the class period though, the their teacher called for everyone's attention. Apparently, a male student who had already been attending this school got a schedule change, and would now be in their class.

After the teacher informed the guy on what the students were working on, their teacher gave him the green flag to sit where ever he pleased at any computer. As the guy neared Quincy and Brielle's computers, Brielle let out a long dramatic sigh as she rolled her eyes. She knew who ever the guy was, was coming her way.

"What's up girl?" the guy licked his lips at Brielle.

"Andre what do you want?"

"Damn a nigga can't just speak?"

"Hi," she sighed. "Now what do you want?"

"You look good today," he complemented her with another lick of his lips.