Chapter 4

Can you pick me up? I missed the bus bro.

Dono | 6:57 a.m.

Yeah .. I'll be around there in 10.

Me | 7:00 a.m.

Once stuffing his cellphone inside the pocket of his jeans, Quincy took another look at himself. Quincy was never the type of person who had to show up the first day of school wearing everything name brand, showing off all the new clothes he got over summer break, but he did care about how he looked. Quincy probably cared bout his appearance more than some of the females he knew.

He wore a black v-neck, distressed blue jeans, red and black Air Jordan 1s, a blue jean jacket, and a red and black beaded bracelet. Out if his collection of buckets, he chose three that matched his outfit, but couldn't decide which one he liked with his fit better. Knowing that he would be there until third period trying to decide, he brought all three with him.

After slinging his book bag on his back, grabbing his printed scheduled he got in the mail over break, and made sure he had his keys, Quincy was out the door. He kissed his mother good bye, wished her a good day at work, then jumped in his Taurus. Once pulling up to Dono's house, he was already waiting outside - munching on a tall can of Pringles.

He sported a plain white v-neck, grey sweats, and a pair of clean Air Force 1s. Donovan was also the type of person who cared about their appearance, but he looked like he literally just rolled out of bed and threw anything on.

"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" Q asked him

"Hell yeah," Donovan sighed. "Alarm clock ain't even go off. Didn't have time to pick out an outfit or grab something to eat."

"Damn," Quincy laughed. "Let me hold some of those chips though. I didn't have time to eat anything either."

Donovan reluctantly shared about five chips, before placing the top back on the can.

"Right on," Quincy stated as he popped one in his mouth, then made his way into the parking lot of the school.

Crenshaw was literally a block away from Donovan's house, and two from Quincy's. It was fifteen minutes past seven when they arrived. That left them with five minutes to find their first hour class. Crenshaw wasn't that big to begin with, so they were okay.

After making their way inside the school, Quincy and Donovan both received numerous daps from guys that hadn't seen all break, and tons of females who looked as if they were ready to pounce on them any minute.

"Hey Q," said a girl Quincy recognized from a class that he had last year.

He flashed her a quick smile, and continued on his way. Him and Donovan ultimately ended up at Terrell's locker with just three minutes to spare until class started. He was busy with his nose in his phone.

"Wassup?" Terrell asked dapping both.

"What you got first period?" Quincy asked as he looked at his schedule.

He had American History first hour.

"Trig," Terrell sighed. "I'm not tryna' deal with no damn math every morning."

"I feel you," Q laughed. "But I got History."

"Damn," he sighed. "We don't ever have classes together though. Dono?"

"Nope," he shook his head. "I have Literature first period."

We shook our heads as the bell suddenly rang. "Well I guess that's our cue."

"Yeah," Terrell replied dapping Quincy and Donovan. "I'll see y'all at lunch."

"Alright then," said Donovan as they all went their separate ways.