"Sure, I love that."

I sighed.

Kailan ba ako masasanay? I always give motives to Kerk's moves on me, but he just did it because he's always like that.

He smile to me, he also smile to the other girls. He tell me lines that can flutter me, that always gave me butterfly on my stomach, he can tell lines too to other girls. He's kind to me, he is also kind to other girls.

--

But I don't know that this day would come. I have the strenght to tell him my feelings!

It's now or never. I don't want to hide myself on my shell forever. I don't want to get mad, jealous, and envying other girls forever. I need to take the risk.

I texted Kerk.

"Kerk, meet me in our usual favorite park. 8:00 pm, sharp."

And I received a reply from him.

"Copy that!"

Lalo akong kinabahan. It's already 7:00 pm and everything I planned was settled, I am just waiting for him here.

I breath in and out to calm myself.

"Calm my heart, your favorite person will come any time," I talked to myself.

"Aieka!" I diverted my eyes to Kerk who's already here!

"K-Kerk." Shit, I sttutered.

I saw his wide smile, kaya medyo gumaan pakiramdam ko.

"May sasabihin ako!" We both shouted to each other.

My left eyebrow rose. "Ako muna. Just stay there!" I uttered to made him stop.

I took my guitar and play his favorite song. Lucky I'm in love with my bestfriend by Jason and Colbie.

After I finished singing, I stared at him. Yes, it's already dark but I can see his eyes looking at mine.

"Aieka, what's happening? What about this?" he asked.

"K-Kerk! I love y-you!" That's my signal, and everything I planned work.

The lights in this place turned on. And the heart shape lights around where Kerk's standing is just exactly.

And in front of him are the word I told him. It stated 'I love you'

"Love! Nakuha ko na yung nakalimutan ko sa car mo. Wait, ano bang mayroon?"

Love?

My smiles fade away when I saw Aleah— my sister.

"Wow! K-Kerk you made this for me?" shocked is evident to my sister's eyes.

Hindi niya naabutan ang pag confess ko kay Kerk. She misunderstood everything.

"And you even planned it with my sister, your bestfriend? My Ghad! I thought you have your eyes for my sister, I am wrong! You are also have the feelings for me?"

I force myself not to cry in front of them.

Kerk gazed at me awfully.

I bit my lower lip to stop my tears. Please, not now. Please.

"Aieka..." I understand, Kerk. I always understand you.

I-Ito pala yung sasabihin niya. Dapat pala pinauna ko na siya, para hindi ako napahiya.

My sister looked at me. "Thank you sis! Kami na pala ni Kerk, I planned to tell it to you, but kerk..." he shifted his eyes to him. "he already said it to you already, so you planned this right?"

"Y-Yeah." I nodded, even though I don't know anything about them.

I just pointed them the romantic table I made only for two people, na dapat para sa amin ni Kerk.

"J-Just go there and have a moment. E-Enjoy."

I looked at Kerk and force a smile and do my thumbs up. "C-Congrats!"

After I said those words, I ran. I run as much as I could and there, I can't stop my tears from falling.

My confession just fck up!

--

There's no point staying here. So I chose my dream, I go to the France to pursue my dreams.

And another heartbreak, when I just leave them one week ago but I already received a message from a friend that my sister is pregnant from Kerk.

That fast? Kerk really ruined me.

And years already had passed but the pain in my heart is still here.

I came back to the Philippines. I am now a successfully Fashion Designer.

And in just a week, Kerk came to me.

"Anong ginagawa mo rito? You have a family already, baka magawan pa ako ng issue if someone will see us," I uttered angrily. I can't stop myself.

"Let's talk. Kahit minuto lang."

I just gave up and let him to talk to me. Wala naman akong magagawa.

"Aieka, that night—"

"What about that night?" I said like it's nothing to me.

"I want to be the most selfish person that night. If you just know..." I saw his tears flow freely from his his eyes down to his cheeks.

I stopped.

It's painful seeing him crying.

"B-Bakit mo sinasabi ang mga ito?"

"I am in love with you, before. Mahal na mahal kita noong magkaibigan pa tayo. I just keep it to myself."

"W-What?"

"Yes."

"Pero bakit 'di mo sinabi? Bakit ang dami mong babae. Bakit si Aleah? Bakit ang ate ko?" I can't stop myself from asking. Ito yung mga tanong na ilang taon ng walang sagot.

"I am flirting with other girls to divert my feelings for you, but I realized that I am still into you. Nothing will change that.

And that night you confessed your feeling to me? I am the happiest man that day. You don't have any idea how I wanted to be a selfish person and tell my feelings for you but I know it's wrong."

I didn't notice that my tears already falling.

"W-Why? Why you didn't tell me? I can be a selfish person for you too. I had the strength to tell my feelings for you before because I want to be selfish. I am choosing you over my scholarship abroad, I am choosing you over my dream that night. I can be that selfish person only for you."

He shooked his head. "Kahit gustuhin natin hindi na pwede, dahil nang mga panahon na iyon ay buntis si Aleah. And siguro that happened for us, for you to be like this, you are successful person now. I am happy." He genuinely smiled.

"Bakit mo sinasabi ito sa akin?"

"I just want to let you know na hindi lang ikaw ang nagmahal noon. Ayoko maging madaya. I just want to tell it to you na hindi lang ikaw ang nasaktan. At sinasabi ko ito ngayon because I also know that you don't have feelings for me anymore."

I cried.

He is wrong.

I am still deeply in love with him, with my bestfriend.

--

HartleyRoses