LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Five

Começar do início

Can he please just stop being so mysterious?

Walking to a small bench that stood nearby, Chase followed me. I have to admit, "Chase looks quite attractive with that black suit on."

He darts his dark green eyes over to me, his display confused, "Did you just call me attractive?"

Shit, did I say that out loud?

"N-No," I scoffed, "W-Why would you think t-that?" I was honestly the worse liar in history. Thankfully, he decided to let it go.

As Chase leaned forward on the park bench, he had his elbows rested on his thighs and that's when I saw a small ring pendant drop in front of his tuxedo, he doesn't realise. Was it the same necklace I gave him back when we broke up?

The same on that Mrs Cole was talking about? The one that apparently had my name engraved on it?

"Chase?" My voice cracks.

Why would he be wearing that? Isn't Emma suppose to wear that?

Chase looked at me, "Yeah?"

I point to the pendant, "I-Is that the same necklace you gave me at the start of our relationship?"

Chase looked down before noticing that the necklace was now visible to my eyes, he cursed and began putting it back in hiding behind his tuxedo, out if sight.

Was I suppose to see that?

"Why do you still have it?" I questioned.

"Because technically, it's mine." He replied bluntly, I ignored his annoyed attitude.

"Why didn't you give it to Emma?" More and more questioned popped to the top of my mind, "Does she know about it? Does she know the meaning behind it? Hasn't she seen that on me before when I first came back to Florida?"

"I didn't give it to Emma because I didn't want to. Secondly, she probably forgot that you wore it when you guys first bumped into the cafeteria and had that conversation." He avoided eye contact, "The necklace still has meaning to me, Isabelle..."

"R-Really?"

His eyes locked to mine, "Yeah, you know, with my biological mom, remember the story behind it?"

"Really? Is that the only reason?" I questioned, his eyes locking to mine curiously. I wasn't ready to talk about something like this, so I changed the subject.

"Chase, I'm worried about you." I spoke out of the blue, his brows furrowed down at me.

"You? Worried about me?" He questioned as if that was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever said.

"Yes, I am."

"Oh really?" Bringing the cigarette back in between his lips, he puffed out another smoke, "And why might Isabelle Dawns be worried about Chase Cole?"

"Because you're falling apart."

His mouth agape slightly. I thought he was about to say something, but he didn't. He just stared at me silently, without no words or argument to fire back on my statement.

"You don't have to worry about me, Isabelle," he says after a few moments, "I can look out for myself."

"No you can't, Chase," I stated, "I want to help you."

His dark green eyes looking out from the distance avoiding my eye contact, my fingers grasp the blunt cigarette held in his lips and threw it down to the cold ground, his features suddenly hardened, but he still continued to avoid facing me.