Zach Daniels

Chapter Seven: Zach Daniels

~ Isabelle's POV ~

Tyler sucking in a breath, scared of how Chase will react, "Well, he's coming out of jail... tomorrow."

"WHAT?!" Chase shoots up from his chair, his voice rises every second and anger continues to boil him. Tyler looked weary at the faces giving curious glimpses towards our direction.

"Dude, calm down."

"I'm not going to fucking calm down. My brother is getting out of that jail for after a bloody year. Why is he coming out?!"

"Someone bailed him out."

"Who? What type of idiot would bail him out of jail?!" Chase grits through his teeth, "I swear if anything happens again I will fuckin-" he stops.

Chase looks down at me, I'm stayed speechless. Throat dry, unable to speak, a loss in my appetite. My mind is racing, if this is how it looks like when Chase is pissed, imagine how it would be if he was angry... real angry.

I stand from my seat, almost too weak to, "Um, I-I've got c-classes t-to go to, so, um... yeah." I stutter, Lora looking at me worriedly.

Taking a step out of the table, Chase grabs my hand, "I'll see you soon?" a slight hope yet sadness and worries was is displayed in his eyes, his grip tightens around my wrist each second I stay quiet

"Uh, yeah... I'll see y-you later."

~*~*~*~

Another day of college ends, I'm exhausted by the time I arrive at my dorm; collapsing on the bed I let out a sigh.

"Isabelle." I hear a voice at the door, my head turns to the direction, leaning against the doorframe was, Christi.

Oh great.

I almost forgot she was my roommate, I've only seen her once in this dorm and that was the first day, "Yeah?"

"What's with you and Chase? I thought you said you didn't want him." she sits on her bed facing me, arms and legs crossed.

"I don't." maybe I do.

"Bullshit, People saw you making out in the cafeteria today and started talking."

"Talking?" I narrow my eyebrows, "Talking about what?"

"About who Chase Cole's new play toy is... which is you." she rolls her eyes, the disgust in her voice is visible as she spoke 'you'.

"Play toy?" The fact that people think of me as a 'play toy' for someone else just sickens me.

"Yeah, Chase has this thing for girls where he takes them out to that Frat party and shit to see how far he could get with them. He takes them out on the same date, doing the exact same thing... calling them by little nicknames he makes up, complimenting them..." Christi drags on, her tone becoming boring as she continues but I managed to be in tact with the conversation.

All this whole act was a lie? Christiana could be wrong, for all I know, she could be the one lying.

Sitting up on the bed I ask her, "How do I know if you're telling the truth?"

"Don't believe me?" she raises an eyebrow, glaring in my direction, "Just ask every hot girl there is on this campus. Chase Cole is the bad boy and player. Honestly, I don't know what he sees in you... he could have done better. He could have gone with someone like me."

I laugh, "Christi, if Chase ran after you, he'd want you... but oh," I place my finger on my chin and display a confused look, "He doesn't want you. I guess you're just not his type, sweetheart."

Christi starts breathing heavily to show her anger. I'm honestly proud of myself for standing up to my bully, I didn't think I'd have the guts to do it. I feel strong... until,

"Just to let you know, sweetheart, Chase laid me so good when him and I were at this party." she stands from her position, walking closer to me before laying a hand on my shoulder, "Soooo good." she repeats and then walks away.

I'm left alone now. My mind racing. So all that calling me 'princess' was a stupid way to slowly lure me into his bed? All those compliments he made were fake? ...The kiss... the kiss was nothing more but a mistake. If Chase wanted to play this game with me, then he should know that I always win.

I grew up with my elder brother, Michael. I think I know what it takes to survive.

Next Day.

I had AP English class with Professor Clive, and judging from my first memory of one of his classes with Chase, that didn't end up so well. I think it would be best to avoid him for the day. When I walk in the room, everyone was glaring at me. I hated being the centre of attention.

Chase sitting on a table with a couple of girls, my stomach drops and a lump on my throat appears. But once he found my pair of hazel eyes, he instantly told each female around him to leave... literally.

"Isabelle, come here." he signals me to sit next to him, as my body started to move; my mind reminds me to stay away.

Hesitantly, I take a seat next to a complete stranger, he's pretty attractive. Crystal blue eyes that contrast with his dark brown hair, a muscular body... he's pretty fit.

"Can I help you?" he asks realizing my curious gaze.

"I-Uh... n-no." uncomfortably shifting around, I sit back quietly.

"I'm only kidding." the stranger chuckles, "I'm Zach Daniels."

"Isabelle." I smile warmly before shaking his hand. When I look back at Chase, his jaw clenched, arms crossed and his hands curved up in a ball.

Not long after, Professor Clive walks in the room. "Good afternoon, Class. I need you to look at the person beside you. Greet them, introduce yourselves." The students do as he instructs, Zach and I a bit ahead, "Great." the professor speaks again, "You now just introduced yourselves to your partner for the rest of the semester."

My mouth forms an 'O' shape. The rest of the semester?!

"Your first task with your new partner is going to be given to you later on the weeks. But for now, we can start small. You all will be reading a novel by Rainer Maria Rilke called 'Letter to a Young Poet', this is not a very long individual project, but it will show on your reports on how well you have done.

This entire thing would only take about, six to seven lessons to complete; reading, evaluating and creating. Creating: After you have read the novel, you are to create yourself a poem." The teacher explains

"Stupid." a few students whisper from the back.

"Stupid it might seem, but this will help with your English." Professor Clive fires back. Making a poem about your life and the situation you are currently in. You may begin to read and in the next couple of lessons, you will start to create your poems."

The class had flew by in a swift thanks to Zach Daniels. As a matter of fact, we got along quite nicely.

Walking out of class, I hear a voice call out, "Hey Isabelle, wait up."

Turning, my eyes meet Zach's blue ones, "Hi, what's up?"

"So, listen. If we're going to be partners for the rest of the semester, d-do you think that maybe I could have your number?" at times he managed to get through his sentence without stuttering. I find it absolutely cute the way Zach gets nervous.

"Uh, yeah sure." I giggle. If it wasn't obvious to people around us, we were sort of flirting.

Exchanging numbers, Zach and I parted. Turning back in my direction I was previously heading, my vision catches Chase with Tyler and two other guys I didn't recognise.

I knew he watched as Zach and I talked and gave each other our numbers. The way his body is tensing as he leans against the marble wall and gazing deeply in my eyes sends shivers down my spine.

I make the right decision and shake off the thought of Chase getting 'jealous'. How could he be jealous? He's got a billion other girls in line.