LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Five

There are small errors and mistakes but I'll fix them once the book is done. I apologise in advance. x

-

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

As I catch up with Mrs Cole, we began talking about memories in the past which suddenly brought up the topic of mine and Chase's past relationship.

Amanda and George Daniels were too busy discussing sports stuff with Asher. Zach was heading off the toilets, so therefore Mrs Cole took his seat while he was gone, "Do you remember when Chase gave you that ring pendant that his biological mother gave him when you both were still together?"

I laughed awkwardly, "Yes I do."

"He never done that to any other girl before, not even to Emma." She smiled.

Not even to Emma? I thought that by now, Chase would have given her the necklace.

"Where is the necklace by now, if I may ask?" I questioned, "It's just pure curiosity."

"The necklace is with Chase." Mrs Cole answered as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, "That boy never takes it off. Ever."

Glimpsing at Chase, I searched for the ring that would have hung down his neck. There was no sign.

"Don't even bother looking for it, honey," she says noticing my search, "He hides it beneath his shirt so that Emma wouldn't confront him about it."

"Confront him?" Creasing my forehead, I was now confused, "Why would Emma confront Chase about the necklace? It's not like she knows that I use to have it."

"Because the necklace had 'Belle' engraved on it,"

Her words caught me off guard. Since when did the necklace had my name engraved on it?

How come I never noticed it?

****

"For the billionth time, I am not engaged to my boyfriend!" I shouted aggravated, Chase rose a brow.

We were outside of the restaurant to talk privately after that big mistake of everyone thinking that Zach and I were engaged because of the promise ring he gave me.

I didn't want to come out and talk to Chase. Actually, the back story behind this was more... Simple. You see, I told Zach that I was going to be in the toilets reapplying my makeup and Chase decided to secretly drag me out of the damn restaurant without everyone noticing, how does he even do that?

"Why do you even care, Chase?"

He shrugged, "I don't, I'm just making sure that you don't make a huge mistake by marrying that idiot." He pulled out a packet of cigarettes, lit one and placed it in between his lips before inhaling the nicotine and exhaling the smoke. I have to admit, it was getting ridiculously cold, you could practically see me shaking.

"Are you cold?" He asked noticing my shivering position, I give him a blunt look.

"It's the winter of December and I'm outside with a dress as the cold as wind frantically blows across me. No of course I'm not cold." I replied sarcastically, he laughed before blowing out smoke from his lips.

In a second, his mood shifted, "Why did Zach give you a ring?"

"He just wanted something that would symbolise our relationship. It's a promise ring, I promised him that no matter what happens between us, I'd never forget him." I said smiling down at the ring on my finger, he nods and looks away.