LTBB 2: Chapter Thirteen

[Isabelle Dawn's POV]

After a very humiliating fail of me accusing Chase Cole of drugs, I walked back to my English class silently and take my seat beside my boyfriend, Zach.

"Well, how was your toilet adventure?" He asked sarcastically, I glance at him confused.

"What?"

"Isabelle, I'm not stupid. I saw you with Chase outside." He answered pointing out the window where Chase and I were moments ago, I shrug.

"It was nothing. I promise. I just bumped into him on the way to the toilets." I didn't want to lie to Zach, but however, I didn't want to go into full detail about what happened with Chase and his personal problems.

Although I did not find any drugs in the bag he carried, doesn't mean he doesn't still use it. Deep down inside me, Chase has changed over the year - a lot.

A cause or theory of this could have been drugs.

A criminal record? Sleeve tattoos? Eyebrow and lip piercings? Why would he do that to himself?

Not that there are anything wrong with those, because I know that some people like those types of aesthetics on themselves, but Chase couldn't have just got a whole new look over a year because he simply 'liked' the punk look to increase his bad boy reputation.

I got to know Chase more than anyone else for a year, and over that year, I learnt so many new secrets that people only thought happened in movies.

"Are you okay, babe?" I felt Zach's hand squeeze to mine that made my heart swell, I face him; my brown eyes connecting with his blue ones.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I answered nervously.

Honestly, this whole thinking process has gotten me so stressed out. I told myself to avoid these things - especially when it came to Chase. But somehow, I can't stay away knowing that I was the cause of his drug problem.

I mean, would you feel guilty if you were in my position? Causing someone else's life in jeopardy over illegal drugs?

You know what's more worse? I still don't know and understand why he's doing it.

Maybe I should have asked Lora for more information on what he told her when they had... their 'affair' while I was gone.

Perhaps I was too harsh on Lora when I told her I couldn't be friends with her again. Besides, when Chase and her had sex together, Chase and I already broke up, I guess.

If it wasn't for her, I still wouldn't be over Chase and if I wasn't over Chase, I wouldn't be dating Zach. So perhaps I should forgive her and apologise too.

"Hey, Isabelle?" I hear Zach's voice in a whisper; trying to avoid the professor catching us speaking over him.

"Yes?"

"There's a party tonight at the Frat house after the game -"

I cut him off, "What game?"

Zach rose his eyebrows, "My soccer game. Did you forget?"

Stuttering my words out sheepishly, I answered, "N-No. I'm sorry, my mind hasn't really been alive that much lately."

He chuckled bringing his right hand behind my back and rubbing it softly, "It's alright. But do you want to come with me?"

"Um..." My mind was lost. Would Lora be at the party if I went? Maybe Chase and Emma will be there.

"I mean, it's okay if you don't want to go to the after party. We could always do something else togeth - "