He's A Lucky Guy

Chapter Twenty: He's A Lucky Guy

[Isabelle's POV]

Running as fast as my legs could carry me, I made it to the soccer pitch where Zach was patiently waiting.

"You're a little late." Zach states.

"Yeah, sorry. I had to go to the bathroom..." I weakly smile, "So, where's Ms Crobertt? I thought she was going to be here?"

"She will be... soon."

I stand quietly avoiding his eye contact. It was becoming one of those awkward conversations where there wasn't much to talk about. Thinking quickly to a topic to start a conversation, I look at Zach's soccer jersey, "Is that your soccer uniform?" I point out.

"Yeah." he answers, I reluctantly dip my head down to face the floor, "Stop being so shy around me." Zach chuckles.

"I'm not shy!" I argue, "I just don't know what to talk about."

"Well, if you don't know what to talk about, why don't we have a little match?"

I furrow my eyebrows, "A match?"

"Yes, a little friendly game of soccer," he takes a step closer, "You verses me."

Zach was challenging me; I'm guessing he wanted me to feel intimidated, but it doesn't work. I smile, shaking my head as I take a step closer to Zach where out bodies were nearly touching, "Bring it, sister."

Zach and I stand in the centre of the soccer field where we stood opposite each other and the ball laying in between us. There was somehow a strange competitive feeling inside me when he stared me in the eyes, "Ready?" Zach raises both of his eyebrows, waiting for my reply.

The only thing I could think of saying was, "Don't go easy on me, Zach." I smirk at him.

He laughs off the comment, "Oh, I don't plan to." The game has began as Zach flicks the ball to his side with his foot. Before anything, he shows off some impressive tricks; he starts kicking the ball higher, to bounce on his knee before moving it higher to his chest. I roll my eyes, can men stop being such show offs?

When the soccer ball had dropped to the ground, I had no hesitation and took that opportunity to lead the ball to my goal. Pushing the pellet in the direction I wanted it to go, Zach quickly caught up and stole it off me. I stand surprised; for one thing, I officially know that he's not going easy on me... so that means, I won't go easy on him.

"Oh, it's on." I mumble quietly to myself. I speed up my pace and run faster to snatch the soccer ball off my opponent by aggressively pushing him away.

"What the hell?" He yells, "You can't push in the game."

I swiftly turn around to catch hold of Zach's blue eyes, "Whoops, sorry. Looks like I just did." I yell back rather bitchy. Since when did I become Christiana?

Zach displays a grin before laughing, "That's how you wanna play?" he folds his muscular arms in front of his chest, "Alright. Your wish is my command." he bows down as if he had a dress on. I stared laughing my ass off at how ridiculous Zach looked.

We weren't even focused on the game anymore. "Isabelle, I'm giving you three seconds to run."

I was puzzled of what he stated, now I'm confused more than ever, "W-What do you mea-"

Zach had begun counting down; "One."

"Wait-"

"Two..."

In that instant, I just realised that Zach was the one planning to get revenge for my viscous attack on him within the soccer game between us.

"Oh crap." My feet started moving at a fast pace away from Zach. The field was huge, the length was unbelievable which is good, especially if you're running away from someone.