LTBB 2: Chapter Sixteen

[Zachary Daniels' POV]

"Okay, it's settled. I'm going to get her that." I stated looking around my group of friends, they all nod in agreement.

For the past hour, we have all been searching through eBay to find the perfect gift for my girlfriend. It may sound a bit... 'uncool' considering that we're at the soccer team's victory party, but hey, when it comes to Isabelle, this is an exception.

"Speaking of which," Mitchell spoke with a frown, "Where is your girlfriend?"

"I've got her, don't worry." Tyler's voice peered from behind, beside him walked a small fragile figure. Her brown wavy hair messed up on the top, her dark eyes puffed out and watered.

Holy crap, what happened to her?

Instantly running to the shaken up girl, I hug her tightly, "Are you okay?"

She forces a smile, "Yeah, I'm fine. But I think it's time for me to head back to Asher's apartment. It's getting pretty late."

"It's only 10pm," Mitchell laughed, I glare at him.

"Do you want me to give you a lift?" I offered, she shook her head.

"No. This is your party, I don't want to be a buzzkill."

I frown at her, "I'm not going to let you walk home alone in the dark."

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

Zachary frowns at me, "I'm not going to let you walk home alone in the dark."

I'm not a little girl anymore. This is so irritating.

"I'll be fine. Honestly, it's not that far." I answered shrugging.

From what I remember, it was only a fifteen minute drive to the frat - it could be only twenty if I walked back to Asher's apartment. It's truly no big deal.

"You should listen to your boyfriend Isabelle," Tyler butts in, "A face like yours is always wanted by some guys. Especially this late at night."

He stared at me for a few moments I let the message sink in, and that's when I knew he was hinting something about Dean and his group. Tyler is right.

When I saw Dean, Hunter and Bryce sitting on the lounge room in Asher's apartment, I felt worried - somehow, maybe even betrayed. Just simply talking about that night in my head sets a whole new imagination and events that may occur in the future, and possibly, thoughts of what happened in the past.

Once the police came that night in the abandoned building when Chase and I were captured by Dean, I thought that, that was it. We were going to survive and make it out alive now that the police came.

However, seeing Dean and his group with Asher, my new roommate at his apartment, displayed a vivid imagination of a glimpse into the future and a flashback to the past.

Why weren't they caught? They couldn't have got away that easily. I swear there were about fifteen police cars outside. It was not possible for them to escape - so how did they?

"If you want, I can give you a lift back to Asher's place." Tyler offered raising his eyebrow, "We could talk about some memories and catch up. I could fill you in with everything you wanted to know about..." He cut his sentence purposely short by placing the tip of his beer and drinking a sip.

Tyler is Chase's cousin. He must know more about everything that happened than me.

"Ha, no way." Zach protested pulling me closer to him.