What Are We?

Chapter Twelve: What are we?

~ Isabelle's POV ~

Today's the day. You can do it, Isabelle. Just go up to Chase, look him in the eyes and ask if you're his girlfriend. How hard is that?

Chase is only a few meters away from me and just constantly staring at him makes me look like a creep.

He's talking with his friends; one of them being Tyler and the two other boys who he always hangs out with. Something just amused him, I could tell because that smile on his face was something indescribable. I love how his hair is perfectly shaped up in a quiff, his special shade of green eyes made me smile.

Chase is one of those guys who can make me smile just by looking at them... cheesy, I know... but it's true.

And now here I am looking like a complete freak just staring at him! I've been in the same position for fifteen minutes, sitting on my usual lunch table with Lora. The only difference is that I'm not listening to a single word she's saying, instead, I'm here looking at Chase and debating with myself if we're actually together or not.

I have to ask him; just like Lora said, if one of us don't confirm that we're in a relationship with each other, we might as well end up as friends with benefits, which is never a good sign.

"Isabelle?" a voice rings in my ear, "Hello?"

"W-What?" I shake my head back to reality. It seems like I've been doing that a lot lately.

"Oh, I see what it is." Lora raises her eyebrow, wriggling them, "Isabelle's daydreaming about Chase!" she coos.

"I-I am not!" Unfortunately, telling a lie has been a very talentless skill I happen to inherit, particularly from my mother.

"Yes, you are."

"No seriously. I'm not." I say more smoothly, I don't want to continue with this any longer.

Lora rolls her eyes, "What ever you say."

I look back to Chase's table; he's suddenly gone. But his friends are still there. I scan around the cafeteria searching for that annoying yet beautiful male who I might be attracted slightly to. When I looked everywhere, there was no luck until a voice peered from behind.

"Hey Princess." I squeal as Chase's large hands caught me by surprise.

"Oh my God."

"Sorry, did I scare you?"

"A bit." I pant trying to catch my breath. Chase smirks before laying his palm to rest on the side of my cheek and luring me in to his plump lips. When we both pull away, I look at him in the eyes and take a breath in. He's sitting in between me and Lora.

This is it. It's the perfect timing. Just ask him.

"Chaseee..."

"Yeahhhh?"

"Are we..." why can't I get it out of my mouth?!

He furrows his eyebrows, "Are we, what?" My hand starts shaking in nervousness. Chase could see that there was something wrong, "Belle, what's wrong?" a sincerity in his voice shows as he took my hand to intertwine with his. I'll just come right out and say it.

"Are we in a relationship? Like, girlfriend and boyfriend? Because I honestly don't know and things are just crazy at the moment between us. But if you say we're not then... I need to m-move on." I say stuttering on the last words.

That didn't come out right. Oh my God, I probably sound like one of those overly attached people, he's going to hate me.