How Could I Forget?

Chapter Twenty-Seven: How Could I Forget?

[Isabelle's POV]

Being stuck in an elevator with the man who killed Ellie, and having Emily, also known as Ellie's step sister and along with Sarah who was Ellie's family friend is not a pretty match of people in one tiny room.

And worst of all, Emily and Sarah doesn't know that this male standing in front of them is the reason behind Ellie's death. I was just too afraid to speak out.

"Isabelle, who's this?" Sarah asks worriedly as she took my horrified expression.

"I'm Dean." he answers, nodding his head upwards. Unawarely, Dean's right arm swings over my head and wraps around my shoulder, I cringe at his movement.

Sarah and Emily both looking at each other.

"Get off me." I spat, his vision suddenly darts towards me. A harden display; his green piercing eyes locked into mine. My body shivers at how dark they had abruptly became. They looked like Chase's, only evil.

"Now, now. I haven't seen you in a long time, is that anyway to talk to me?" he spoke naturally not trying to make the two girls seem suspicious, "Come and give your old pal a hug." His strong arms wrapped around my neck and waist, pulling me in to his body.

As the hug continued, I feel Dean's face side by side to mine, his lips dangerously close to my ear, "You know that I could easily hurt you?" he whispers threateningly. My body freezes, "I'm sure you know the story of the Cole brothers by now because of Chase."

Thankfully, the sound of elevator music muted Dean's whispers to Sarah and Emily so that they couldn't hear him.

As Dean let's go of my body, my eyes stay placed on the elevator wall. The silver shimmer by the light reflected on Dean's figure beside me. I could see what he was doing just by looking at the wall; he was smirking at me victoriously knowing that I was now officially afraid of him.

I hear the elevator ding into the second floor, and that's when Dean bid his farewell and left Sarah, Emily and I alone again. I have never been so relieved in my life.

"Isabelle, are you okay? It's like you've just seen a ghost." Sarah examines my appearance, me stiffly turn towards her.

"More like a demon." Emily corrects, she couldn't have been more accurate.

When the doors open into the fourth floor, we all walked off to find room 207. When we do, it's like a whole group of fangirls lining outside to see Zach. Some girl's from the cheer squads for Zach's Soccer team at NHU, and some of his best friends were all seated out the door.

As we reached nearer, all their heads turned towards us; and trust me, it was not a pleasant feeling because some even sent me dirty looks of disgust.

This is all my fault.

"What are you all doing here?" Sarah asks casually, "Why aren't you inside the room?"

"The doctor's doing a checkup on Zach, and he told us that we all needed to wait outside." a male in a blue soccer jersey spoke, everyone nodding in confirmation.

"How long has it been since he told you to leave?" Emily says as she took a seat beside a boy with scruffy brown hair that was pushed to the side and hypnotising blue eyes.

"Like, half an hour ago." he answers.

We all wait for a few more minutes until a doctor wearing a white hospital scrub, his glasses were pushed the bridge of his nose as he examined all the few faces that were anxious to see Zachary Daniels.