He Really Likes You

Chapter Twenty-Two: He Really Likes You

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

But seeing us all together again, I finally felt like I could stop dreaming.

"How are you all?" my father asks with a big smile.

"We've been alright." I answer, "I'm starting my first year in college."

His eyes widen, probably because he's missed out on big parts of my life, "Isabelle, That's great! Is there anyone on your mind?"

"W-What?"

"You know, does anyone float your boat." my dad jokingly asks, me narrowing my eyebrows in confusion. I'm guessing he's asking if there's anyone I like. . .

"There is this one guy." my cheeks slightly turn into a shade of pink as I spoke the words, "He's name is Chase." I could feel Michael cringe at the name, even though my brother and Chase haven't met each other yet, I know that they won't get a long.

"Linda, have you met Isabelle's boyfriend already?" My father questions as he looks over at my mother,

She shakes her head, "I didn't even know that our daughter had a boyfriend." I suddenly felt like we were having those serious family discussions.

My mom stays silent for a while, her head faced down as she fiddles with her thumbs nervously, "Michael. Isabelle. Do you mind giving your father and I a few moments to talk about something." I nod, Michael and I making our way out the visiting area. I'm not exactly sure what they were speaking about, but when I peered through the opened door, I could see her. My mom. Crying in my father's arms.

They were both crying. The insides of me twisted, she might of missed him so much over these past few months. "Come on ma'am, your time is up." I hear the guard say as he rudely pulled my mother away and pushed her out the door.

***

The car ride back to the dorms were silent. I couldn't stop thinking of the way how my parents both cried in each other's arms, it's like one of them were about to say goodbye forever. Like the endings of a depressing, sad story.

Michael just dropped me off and went strait back to the house, he told me that he'd stay a little longer for his vacation, which I suppose was good. . . if he didn't pour cold water on me in the morning.

Collapsing on my bed from the past exhausting two days, I switch my phone on. Immediately, my phone vibrated for a series amount of times; 19 missed calls, 7 unread messages and 4 voicemails.

"What the fuck is that?" Christiana questions. I literally forgot she was my dorm roommate.

"Missed calls and texts."

"Pfft, since when did you have friends... or is that your mom?"

I place the device down to face her, Christi was lying on the bed, her hands gripped on her phone as she texted someone.

"At least I have friends," I argue, "I'm not like you who changes boyfriends every two hours."

Her mouth dropped open. I didn't think I'd say that out loud but I did. It's like a new confidence that's bursting inside of me, and it's all thanks to Chase.

Forgetting about Christiana, I look back down to my phone. Surprisingly, none of the calls nor texts were from Chase, which kind of makes me worried. I guess I was use to the way he'd always check up on me. Majority of the texts and missed calls we're from Lora asking me if she wanted to hang out. But one particular one caught my eye.

Zach: We need to talk.

When someone says that, it obviously can't be good. My fingers speed across the keypad before pressing send;