LTBB 2: Chapter Ninteen

LTBB 2: Chapter Nineteen

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

"Great. You start tomorrow!" The manager spoke holding my resume in front of him, I smiled.

"Thank you so much for your time Sir. I look forward to working in your shop." Standing up from my chair, I shake my new boss' hand appreciatively.

The man looked in his late twenties, dark blonde hair, small stubbles across his chin and deep dark blue eyes that had a serious yet understandable look into his personality.

This has been a relatively good job interview compared to all the other ones I have taken. As from now, I am employed at the CD store as a part time worker, which is good considering that I was in desperate need for a job. This would defiantly take my mind off all the worries.

Making my way outside, I start walking with my phone clutched in my hands. I felt it vibrate on my palms.

ASHER:

Well, how did your job interview go?

I grin replying back to him.

ISABELLE:

Amazing! I got the job!

ASHER:

Congratulations Belle, we should celebrate when we get back home.

ISABELLE:

If you say so, I'll be home in a couple of hours. I just need to visit someone. :)

ASHER:

Coolios, I'll see you back at the apartment around 6pm, I'm meeting a few friends over at the city. :)

His text suddenly made me pause from replying back. When he said 'friends' was he referring to Dean, Hunter and Bryce?

Okay Isabelle, stop. Just stop. You are overthinking again, and it's getting unhealthy. Asher must have plenty of 'friends' besides Dean and his crew.

My subconscious was right. Taking a deep breath, I slid my phone back into my bag and continued to walk down the pavement. I was planning to visit my dad in jail considering I haven't seen him in a fairly long time.

Calling the taxi from the road, the cab pulls over and I get in, in the back seat.

The man smiled, "Where to, miss?"

"Florida Central Prison please." He nods before driving again.

My phone rings.

Groaning, I pull it out of my bag and unlock the screen before placing it beside my ear, "Hello?"

"Hey beautiful, what are you doing today?" Zach greeted, I brightened attitude at his warm compliment.

"Nothing much, I just finished my job interview."

"Oh that's great, did you get it?"

"Well - "

He cut me off, "Wait, don't answer that. I already know that you were able to get the job from the start because you are intelligent, kind, very efficient and dedicate into doing things you want to do."

Impressed with his words, I thank him kindly, "Oh, thank you then," Hmm, I think it would be fun to mess with him today, "But sadly, I didn't get the job. So you're wrong."

Zach laughed, "No I'm not. I'm never wrong. If you didn't get the job, that simply means that the company is stupid enough to let someone like you slip away. You have good qualities that not everyone posses Isabelle, and if they didn't let you get the job, then you can tell them to suck my dick."