You're Going To Get Hurt

Chapter Thirty-Three: You're Going To Get Hurt

[Isabelle's POV]

"I still love you, princess." the three words that I would never have expected Chase to say again.

I keep my head bowed, it all didn't make sense. I wasn't going to be the girl who was willing to give up that easily. I mean, sure Chase hurt me and yes, he did leave me but,

"Why?" I questioned, my eyes focused on nothing but the fiddling of my thumbs.

"What do you mean why?" his gaze looking at the dark road. It was like neither of us wanted to look each other in the eyes when we were talking about something intimid.

"If you said that you loved me, then why did you go?"

"Love." he corrects, I look up at him.

"What?"

"Loved is pass tense. Love is right now, I'm talking about how I still love you, not loved you. There's a difference."

I cock up an eyebrow, "Well, look who's been paying attention in our AP English class." he laughs.

It was a matter of seconds before the atmosphere had gained back it's silence. The breaking point where I wanted him to say something again. Anything.

Anything except-

"What happened at Spencer's party?"

I shrug, "Nothing." rolling my shoulders, I look out the frosty glass window.

I feel Chase's hand gently laid on my thigh, rubbing it in slow circles attempting to comfort me and ease me into telling him the truth,

"You're better then this. You know you can tell me anything."

His sentence made me a little pissed, "Oh and you can't?" I say tempered, "You think I would just tell you what happened but you can still keep your little secret about your life?"

My breathing hitches, Chase does nothing except listen.

"Chase, because you won't tell me what the hell happened back in your past with Dean or whatever, I'm now... scared."

"Scared?"

"Terrified, actually." My vision blurs as tears overtake, my hands become shaky even though they're clasped together on my lap, "I don't know what will happen to me anymore." I barely whisper.

"Nothing is going to happen to you, Belle. Trust me."

"How would you know?"

"Because I know everything, princess."

"Do you now?" I say sarcastically wiping a tear that slowly slid down the apples of my cheeks, "Do you know that Dean spoke to me back at Spencer's party?"

Chase immediately hit the breaks of his sports car instantly hauling the vehicle to stop in the middle of a deserted road.

"HE WHAT?" his tone had raised as his grip on the steering wheel tightened.

Bad idea.

"I, uh- nothing." I stumble to speak, his features harden.

"Fucking tell me what he said."

"No." If I told him that Dean basically threatened to kill me, Chase would turn back to Spencer's house and try to kill Dean himself, but I would never want him to be in that situation.

"And why not?"

I roll my shoulder back to lessen the tensed muscles, "Because I said so."

He groans, "Don't try and act like you're my mom. It's annoying as hell. Now seriously, tell me what the fuck happened."