LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Two

Recap: Isabelle and Chase find out that the main officer's son is Dean. They both begin to slowly unfold the mysteries and lies beneath his entire story, and also their upcoming future.

LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty-Two

[Isabelle Dawns POV]

"This can't be happening." I whispered to Chase as were we still ducked down in a corner looking at Officer Ferguson and his son, Dean.

"Now, I want you to go home." The father spoke seriously pointing at Dean's chest, "Your mother is getting worried about you. I swear, Dean. One more step out of line and we're shipping you to Military school. Understood?"

Dean rolls his eyes and nods before leaving Officer Ferguson alone and exiting the building.
Ferguson brought his hand through his raven black hair in stress.

"Come on, we have to go." Chase whispered gradually standing up, he took my hand with his and pulled me out of the corner. We waited until Officer Ferguson left the area before sneaking out of the building.

"Go to the police, you said." Chase mimicked, "They'll help us, you said."
We were jogging towards the car park to find Chase's sports car.

"Well, I'm sorry that it didn't know that the man who keeps trying to kill me is the main police's goddamn son!" I shouted angrily,

Chase swiftly turned around and looked at me in the eyes, "Isabelle, he isn't trying to kill you."

I scoffed, folding my arms over my chest, "Oh yeah, that explains last year when he kidnapped me into an abandoned building, and also this year when he went to my work place and caused me to be in the hospital."

"He wants me, this has nothing to do with you. Because of me, I brought you into this and I am so fucking sorry, I never intended you to get hurt by any of this."

Looking into his dark green eyes, I twitched a smile weakly. Being brave, I brought my hand to the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry," I apologized, a lump appears on my throat making it hard for me to speak, "I-I'm just scared. I don't know what to do anymore."

Chase brought his strong, muscular tattooed arms around my waist and pulled me in for a hug, my head laid on his chest hearing the sound of his heartbeat beating steadily, "Me too, princess. I'm not going to let him touch you though. Never."

A voice suddenly peered from behind us, "Aw, isn't this just so adorable." Chase and I immediately withdrew from one another's embrace and darted our direction behind us. Dean was leaning against Chase's car, deviously smiling at us.

"And to think you guys broke up." He brought his arms over his chest, "Hey Chase, you know that if you were going to go to report me to the police, for one thing, you should realize who you're dealing with. And secondly, perhaps drive a different car?" He said rubbing on the hood of Chase's sports car, "I could recognize who drives this any day."

Chase and I stay perfectly still, me slightly behind him in fear.

Dean's cold smile widened as he sees me, "Hey beautiful, miss me?" Dean's lean body starts approaching us, his eyes locked with mine. Chase instantly blocks me with his body to avoid Dean from coming towards me, he knew how vulnerable I'd become once Dean was here.

"Protective boyfriend, aren't you, Chase?" Dean changed the topic from me, to Chase. Chase didn't say a word.

If I keep hiding behind Chase, Dean will not stop harassing me. If I keep hiding in the shadows of my ex boyfriend, his decision of coming after me will increase because he knows I'm not weak enough to face him.