Was That Fun?

Chapter Eight: Was That Fun?

~ Isabelle's POV ~

I make the right decision and shake off the thought of Chase getting 'jealous'. How could he be jealous? He's got a billion other girls in line.

Walking past the group of troubled students, I ignore the eye contact Chase displays as I walk past. My phone vibrates showing my best friend's name;

Lora: Hey, there's a carnival tonight. You up for it? x

Me: I don't know, Lor... I have a lot of homework.

Lora: Loser. This is college, there are so many opportunities to have fun and also study some other time. C'mon please?

Me: Fine.

I needed a break anyway. I'm pretty sure that Chase's image of being the 'bad boy' wouldn't persuade him to attend a stupid carnival, what do I have to loose?

~*~*~*~

[At The Carnival]

"So what's this about anyway? The carnival?" I bite down a piece of my sweet flavored fairy floss.

"It's suppose to be raising money for charity." Lora answers, me nodding in fairness.

The sun has already set; it's almost six at night and the carnival lights bright out the dark areas.

Throughout the whole time, Lora seemed nervous, almost scared, "Can you keep a secret, Isabelle?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Well, you know Tyler?"

"Yeah... the guy that you're drooling over." I laugh, her death glaring at me.

"Well," she drags on, "We went together at this party one time and...."

"And?"

"W-We're, uh..."

"Oh my God, you had sex with him!" I gasp, me saying it a little too loud; catching stares at strangers.

"What the hell?! No.." She covers her face in embarrassment, I give her a confused look, "Tyler and I are dating."

My mouth forms an 'O' shape and my eyes widen. "W-W... Y-You're dating?"

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind."

"What are you talking about? Of course I don't mind! I'm happy for you! Why do you think I'd be upset?"

Relief refreshes her face, "Tyler told me about what happened with you and Chase. Well, I don't know what is going on entirely, but all I know is that you're avoiding him for some reason... Chase saw you today with a guy and he seemed pretty upset."

"Oh," was all I managed to say, I guess she deserves an explanation on why I'm avoiding Chase. From there, I dove into the story. "Christi told me all these things Chase has been doing with every girl... it just really upset me, I thought he cared... I guess not."

Lora frown, her hand placed on my shoulder, "I'm sorry... if I knew that earlier I would've told-" she stops.

"What? You would've told who what?" I could tell this was coming to something bad.

"I kind of told Chase to come here at the carnival with Tyler so we could have a double date together." Lora's shoulders squeezed up to her neck as she spoke her sentence in a fast pace.

"Lora!" I whine, "That's it, I'm out of here." throwing my hands in the air as I turned around, I fell back as a tall frame blocked my way.

Shit.