LTBB 2: Chapter Seventeen

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

Hesitance was overcoming my brain and confidence of having a simple talk with Chase. On one hand, it was the right thing to do; discuss about Dean and why and how he was back, more importantly, what is he after now?

On the other hand, the only thing that stopped me from breaking distance was Zachary and my future as a person and my future in our relationship. I'm sure he's had enough of me hanging out with my ex boyfriend after... well, everything. About almost dying, about getting kidnapped, about loosing a family member...

Although Zach doesn't know about Dean and what happened last year with my life, I can't help shake off the fact that he's beginning to feel suspicious about all this, including Chase's former girlfriend, Emma now that she discovered my old relationship status was with Chase.

"So are you coming or are you just going to stand there like a statue?" Tyler spoke sarcastically watching me from Chase's doorstep. I haven't moved an inch yet.

"Y-Yeah, sorry." Damn, I overthink too much.

Tyler knocks on the door, on the third knock, Chase opens it. His dark green eyes immediately falls into my brown ones softly.

"Hey," He said speechlessly to me before looking at his cousin, "Tyler, why did you bring her here?"

"She forgot her own keys at Asher's apartment and he isn't home. So she is going to stay with us for the night until Asher returns." Tyler's answer was more of a command to Chase for allowing me to stay over. Ty grabs my wrist before pulling me into Chase's apartment, my eyes never leaves Chase.

I don't know how he feels about this. Hell, I don't even know how I feel about this.

Taking a seat on the brown singular couch, Tyler and Chase sits on the long one spreading their arms on the arm rests as they stare at me questionably.

"So," Tyler slouched his body making himself comfortable, "Ask him Isabelle."

Chase's eyebrows furrowed, "Ask me what?"

"Do you know anything on why Dean, Hunter and Bryce? Why are they back?"

Chase cringed at my words. My guess is that he still isn't over what happened last year.

"They're not after you; that's for sure."

"How do you know?"

"Dean was after you because I loved you. He wanted to take away something I cared about - but I bet he isn't going to do that anymore. Dean isn't even probably after you, there's nothing to worry about."

We hear Tyler scoff with a laugh, "What are you trying to say Chase? You don't love Isabelle anymore?"

"What?" Chase and I spoke in sync, our eyes dart to him.

"I never said that," Chase intruded in defence, I gaze at him.

"So you do?"

"I never said that either. Fuck." He was getting irritated by all these questions thrown at him, especially the ones that were about us.

Thinking for a moment, I turn my head toward Tyler who was seated on the left side of the couch, "Tyler, what are you doing?"

He narrowed his brows, "What do you mean?"

"Why are you asking Chase all these questions about... Well, his and my old relationship."

Chase cringed while his cousin rolled his eyes, "I'm only trying to help."