LTBB 2: Chapter Twenty

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

Dean stared at me with the same devious, cold gray eyes the way I remembered he looked at Chase and I before almost taking our lives.

"How did you know I worked here?" I did not tell anyone except Zach and Asher I applied for a job here, so I don't understand who could have told.

Well, I feel that Asher told Dean, but that didn't seen like him. Asher is a great guy who easily earned my trust on the first day I met him. Then again, he is Dean's family friend and I'm just his roommate he happened to pick up on the street.

"I have good intentions in finding things out when I'm not suppose to." The side of his lip twitches into a half smile. Fear corrupted my system.

Dean's cold hands skimmed down the side of my cheek in a slow, horrifying motion.

"You were always very pretty Isabelle." He said looking down at my brown eyes, I turn my head to the side to break the contact.

"Oh now, don't be like that. I know how Chase doesn't appreciate it when you would always fight back with him."

I scoff, "You are not Chase."

"We're the same person, just different bodies." He answered hinting, I furrowed my brows at him.

"Unless you both are long lost non-identical twins or brothers, I highly doubt it."

Dean laughed rolling his head back and then immediately turned his expression serious, "I would never want to be related or even have been acquainted with the Cole family. Especially not your pathetic little boyfriend."

And in that instant, Dean's right hand rose and forcefully slapped the side of my right cheek. It stings painfully.

"Fuck," I cussed to myself, I place my hand over the hurt area and directed my attention back into his cold gray eyes.

"Let's get this done and over with." He spoke timidly.

Opening his leather jacket, everything felt tremendously terrifying once I laid my eyes on his hand holding a gun. His finger was on the trigger as he pointed it in my direction. I shut my eyes closed in fear.

The thought of being shot by a gold bullet clouded my imagination. My blood gushing down my work uniform, my hand over the sore area as I cried out in agonising pain.

"I'm sorry, but it's going to be a life for a life." He whispered, and in that moment, the sound of murder screamed through the entire room. He fired.

I screamed like hell, but... how come I didn't feel anything?

All I was thinking in my mind was, Am I really dead? Is this what it feels like to be shot? It was so fast that I couldn't feel anything.

My eyelids fluttered open, only to appear a hazed visual of two male figures, "Isabelle, get out of here!" A voice yelled, another sound of a gun shot echoed through my ears.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" They said again, I wanted to. Believe me, I wanted to get out, but somehow, my body wasn't functioning properly.

A deep voice raised, yelling and screaming excruciatingly. My body suddenly begins to fail me and -

THUD.

Next thing I knew it, I fell to the ground. I had passed out.

***

"Wake up, Isabelle." A voice whispered in hope, "Wake up. Don't you dare leave on me." It was the same voice I heard when the murder almost happened.