LTBB 2: Chapter Three

[Isabelle's POV]

After a very...eventful day back in Florida and seeing people in BHU, I was determined to not let things get the better of me.

Although it was Chase's new girlfriend, Emma, that gave me a bit of a confidence boost; she also gave me well and true feed back on how I can finally let go of Chase (or in her case, 'Charlie') It also means letting go of the memories we had and his necklace to symbolize our past relationship then so be it.

I needed to move on. I can't wait for someone who already is with another person even though you love them too much to let go.

After grabbing my bags, Zach offered to give me a ride back at the dormitory building where I had to check in and get a room.

Once I checked in with the receptionist and took my dorm keys and headed up the fourth floor in dorm room 718, I opened the front door and shocked to find out that my roommate was a busty blonde with light skin tone and an incredibly unbelievable amount of makeup that plastered her face.

Chase isn't the only one who's changed because this person who I knew since Kindergarden who stood before me changed just as much as he did.

"Lora?" my voice was soft. Her dark eyes glimpse at me before her displayed faded away into something that I was not able to read.

"Isabelle, hey." She looked nervous, almost like she wasn't prepared for any of this. Trust me, I wasn't either.

"I, um. I like your hair. Why did you dye it blonde?" Last I remember, her hair was jet black. It was beautifully natural and luscious. Trying to make the best conversation with my old best friend, it turns out more awkward.

"I wanted a change, I guess." Lora spoke nodding unsurely, "How was California?"

"Good. Good." I say before the silence, again, kicked in. Her dark brown eyes looked at mine nervously before she let out a heavy breath.

"Well, this is awkward." She stated as she took a seat on her bed whilst I head over to mine. Placing my bags on the ground, I lay my body down on the small mattress.

"There's nothing to be awkward about." I say lessening the tension.

"Yes, there is. I mean, you were my best friend ever since Kindergarden and ever since you dated Chase Cole and I went out with his cousin, Tyler Jacobs, things were never the same. Think about it. We never spoke to each other because we were caught up with our own little fantasy with the boys." Lora spoke, me listening to every truthful word.

I hate to admit that it was true. We never spoke when we were in our own relationship. Her with Tyler and me with Chase.

"It's even more awkward now because of how you suddenly came back from California and reappeared in everyone's life. So much as changed, Isabelle. Even you."

"What are you talking about? I'm still the same girl."

"No. Because when you saw Chase today in the cafeteria, y-you...you let him go." She whispered the last words as if it was never meant to be heard, "The Isabelle Dawns I knew never stopped to get what she wanted or what she needed."

"I don't need Chase, Lora. Besides, he is perfectly happy to be with Emma." That's what I saw.

"Is that why Chase has now became addicted to drugs, got tattoos and is so close to getting expelled from Brooklyn-Hale University?" She commented, my head instantly snapped towards her.

"Chase is addicted to drugs because of Emma?"

"No, because of you." Lora corrected, my mouth agape and eyes widen.