Repeating History

Chapter Thirty-Two: Repeating History

[Isabelle's POV]

Before accompanying Zachary to his big victory party after scoring BHU a new and better reputation at soccer, Zach offered to let me change back at my dorm.

Picking up an old blue shirt representing and supporting the colour of Zach's team, I look in the mirror and smile at how stylish it somehow looked with my jet black leggings and wavy brown hair. It was simple yet presentable... and cute.

Walking out my dorm room, I find Zach leaning against the wall on his phone aimlessly scrolling down Instagram and seeing congratulate posts that he was tagged in.

"Having fun?" I cut through his time alone, his head looks up from the device and smiles.

"So much." he chuckles, "Take a photo with me?"

I slightly dip my head down and smile, "Now?"

"Of course. This is going to be my first post after winning the game." His hand reaches for mine and I gladly accept it, slowly walking towards his direction, our fingers intertwine. My head beside his as we smile for the camera.

"This is good." He spoke, "I make the picture look hot."

I giggle, "Keep dreaming, Daniels."

"I don't need to, Dawns."

(Check out Zach and Isabelle's selfie on the side. x)

****

The car ride wasn't long at all, I soon found out that Spencer's house was Zach's 25 year old cousin who allowed him to have a massive party in his household with a bunch of college students - Trust me, when I first heard the truth, I couldn't help but become shocked.

I would never, and I mean never, let any strangers in my house throw a massive victory party, let alone college people.

Having a red plastic cup in my hand, I wasn't in the mood to drink any alcohol, so instead I filled it with cold water. The fresh liquid refreshing my whole system. Zach was somewhere with one of his soccer mates, probably talking about how amazing the game was. Being in these sorts of parties make me feel like I'm in high school again, come to think of it, I was never the popular type - Lora was, so maybe that's why I was known by people. And now that I have Chase.... well, had Chase, I was known even more.

I didn't care about popularity, even though it would feel good most of the time; being known and socialite with different people, but the only thing I care about now is my future, my grades and my family. I don't need any boys telling me what to do with my life because I control my own path.

Deep, eh?

The music was on full blast and somehow, it reminded me of the time when Chase and I went to our first party together, the sound of R'n'B music blasting through the speakers while sweaty bodies were dancing against each other. Some trying to fight for attention and others just enjoying their time.

I still haven't changed. I'm that same girl who is never into parties, but I still go to them. I never understand why.

"Isabelle!" A female voice yells over the sound of loud music, I turn my head over my shoulder to see the familiar face.

"Emily, hi!" It was Ellie's stepsister, she was wearing a slim black dress and her lips were coated with vibrant red lipstick. Her brown hair dead straight past her chest and almost reaching her belly button.

"You look amazing, Em." I say truthfully astound of how elegant yet gorgeous she looked.

"Thank you, I could say the same to you." she smiles. I'm literally only wearing an old blue top with a flannel red checkered jacket and black leggings with converse. I can't compete against her!