LTBB 2: Chapter Five

[Chase Cole's POV]

"Yeah, Asher's coming over soon." My girlfriend, Emma, stated.

"And, I want you to be nice." She warned pointing her index finger, a smirk tugs my lips.

"I'm always nice to Asher, babe. He's my bro."

"I'm not talking about Asher, Chase." She says,

I snake my arm around her and peck her cheek, "Who are you talking about then?"

"That girl you almost blew it on in the cafeteria earlier today. Isabelle."

My arms around her tensed along with my jaw. "No. She can't come."

"Why not? She's new to the school, the least you could do is be nice to her."

I almost laugh at her comment, "She's not a new student, Emma."

She scoffs, "Yes she is. Asher told me that she moved out of her dorm for some random reason and now she's staying with him."

My green eyes intently gazes into her blue ones seriously, "Wait, Belle is moving in with Asher? Do those two even know each other?"

Emma furrows her brows as she escaped from my touch, "Who is Belle?"

Oh shit. I forgot that no one knew my nickname for Isabelle was Belle. I have to stop calling her that, that was during our relationship and our relationship is over. I have Emma now.

"Isabelle. I meant Isabelle." I repeat changing the name, Emma looks at me unsurely.

"Yeah, she's moving in with Asher."

"Why?"

"Because she moved out of her dorm."

"How come?" I bombard her with questions and in each one, Emma becomes more suspicious onto why I'm asking in the first place.

"For God's sake Chase. I don't know. Why do you keep asking all these questions?"

"I'm curious." I hide the truth from her but it doesn't work.

"No. Tell me." Her arms fold across her chest as she stood her ground.

I don't need anymore drama in my life after what happened with Belle. Last year was a hazard with Dean, Zach, my brother, Luke and even Belle. My mind was spinning and I don't need that to occur again.

If I hide that Isabelle was my girlfriend from Emma, then I wouldn't need to reveal all the situations to her from a year ago. It just kills me a lot and that's the reason I'm...well, like this now.

The moment I recognized my ex girlfriend today in the cafeteria, I felt like all the memories came flooding back when I gazed into her dark brown eyes.

Man, I can't believe I called her a bitch when I pushed her down.

That's the most idiotic way to treat your ex girlfriend after you haven't seen her in over a year.

I hadn't noticed that I was dozed off into my own thoughts until Emma began kissing the side of my neck, her soft lips coating my skin as she reached higher until the base of her mouth connected with mine.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused, she stops and stares at me.

"What do you mean what am I doing?" my question took her by offense, "Don't you want me to kiss you, Chase?"

Not when I'm accidentally thinking about my ex girlfriend. That's just wrong.

Before I could even answer her, the doorbell rang indicating that Asher and Isabelle must have arrived.