The Cole Family

Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Cole Family

[Isabelle's POV]

After Sarah and Emily dropped me off in front of Chase's apartment, I knocked on his door three times before he welcomely answered.

"Hey, Princess." Chase's husky voice spoke, his arms wrap around my waist pulling me closer to his chest as his lips met mine in the most sweetest way.

"You're in a quite good mood, aren't you?"

"Only when I'm with you, Belle." he smirks, me smiling sheepishly.

Once I entered the lounge, I was astonished as my eyes met three different people. One of them being Luke, and the two others seem unfamiliar. A male and a female holding hands on the sofa while their smiles were directed to me. Awkwardly shifting, I slowly takes steps closer to the couple and greet them with a small "Hello."

"Hi, are you Isabelle?" the female spoke, she looked around her mid forties with messy brown curly hair, her eyes chocolate brown and her skin fair. The male on the other hand had flat dark hair, his glasses pushed up to the bridge of his nose as he fixed the tie of his suit.

"Yes I am." I answered, the female beaming as she stood up from the sofa and walked over to me with open eyes.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, darling." Her arms twist around my neck for a hug as I unsurely patted her back in an awkward way. She could tell that I was very uncomfortable hugging a complete stranger so she took the time to fully introduce himself, "I'm sorry about that. My name is Dana Cole. I'm Chase and Luke's mother."

Oh crap. It's his parents. You know what's weird? I thought it would always be the guy meeting the girl's parent's first, but no. It's now switched around.

Now I understand why Chase was so eased and welcoming to me at the front door... because he didn't tell me that his parents were over. The universe makes sense again.

"I'm Isabelle." I say myself while shaking Dana's hand. Sooner or later, her husband had walked over joining our conversation.

"Tom Cole. I'm Chase and Luke's father." He smiles. I know that Dana and Tom are Luke and Chase's non biological parents, but I do see the resemblance in their smiles. Tom had the same smirk as Chase and the a bit of his attitude.

Chase and Luke's past with their actual parents had been hard to imagine. I remember Chase telling me that Tom and Dana were very wealthy, but I was not sure what their occupations were.

Their mother died while they were at a very young age, and then soon, their real father had turned into an alcoholic and would always punish them for something they didn't do. If it wasn't for Luke saving Chase that night when his father was almost about to practically murder his ten year old son, I don't know what the hell Chase would be now; and I can't visualize either - I wouldn't want to.

"I'm sure you've met our son, Luke." Dana directs her hand to Luke who was slouching on the couch. I nod.

Dana sees my uncomforted display and suddenly frowns, "Sorry if we've intruded your's and Chase's night alone together; we just wanted to visit you. If you'd like, we'll be on our way."

"No, no. Of course not. Please stay, we wouldn't mind." I abruptly speak out. I could feel Chase slowly walking up towards me from the back, his tall figure towering over mine.

I know that he has never really been keen on family situations, nor did Luke, but this could possibly be the only time where they were a whole in one room. If I say the thought on my mind, Chase would certainly not be pleased, but I will do this as a favor for that stubborn boy.