LTBB 2: Chapter Eight

Zach Daniels POV

"Because I'm about to ask you to be my girlfriend."

Holy crap, did I just say that out loud?

Great going, Daniels. You just fucked up everything with the girl you've been loving since the first year of college.

I study Isabelle's expression when I had let the words slip out of my mouth. At first she seemed shocked and surprised but then at the same time, confused and reluctant.

She is going to say no. I can feel it in my fucking gu-

"Yes." She said. My blue eyes shoot open.

"W-What?"

She smiled before repeating, "Yes."

Yes??

"Yes what?" A smile was crawling into my lips, I couldn't help it.

Isabelle rolls her beautiful brown eyes before answering, "Yes, I will be your girlfriend, Zach."

In this moment, I felt like doing everything that every guy do when they're happy; scream 'HELL YES' into thin air, but I can't do that.

Not in front if Isabelle, at least. It'll make me sound weird.

Pulling Isabelle in for a warm hug on this fresh night, I felt more happy then scoring the winning goal at the biggest soccer tournament last year.

I didn't need to worry about Chase or anyone else hurting her because now, it was my turn to protect her. Isabelle has been through a lot since Chase and her got together before.

Chase might have made her feel happy in the past, but now it was my turn to make her be happy.

Chase is out and I am in!

[Isabelle Dawns' POV]

Now I know what you all are thinking. I mentioned before that I would never go out with Zach, but then again, that was before all this happened.

Things changed now. I moved on from Chase and all the bad things in my life. I'm just praying that Zach will be a good thing.

When he had asked me out to be his girlfriend, I'm not going to lie, at first I was reluctant.

I mean, going out with a guy after I had fully let go of Chase?

Then again, Chase did sleep with my best friend since Kindergarden a month after we broke up, but anyways, I'm not here to focus on the past. Right now, it's just me and Zach.

"I say we start this night off with your favourite treat." Zach offered twisting his arm around my waist. I look up at him, his blue eyes were glistening in the light of the moon.

"What's my favourite treat?" I was confused, it's like Zach knew me more than I knew myself.

"Fairy floss." He stated, my confused look dissolved into a grin.

How could I have been so oblivious? Of course he'd say fairy floss. It was all I was begging from him when we came to this carnival last year.

"Yes. I say we buy two." I say pulling his hand in the direction of the sweets stand, he halts me.

"What?" I asked, a smirk creeped on his face.

"I'll buy you fairy floss," He states, I nod, "But you and I have to first go on the Batman Wing." Zach added.