Epilouge - If Chase had survived

Epilogue:

(This would be the ending to LTBB if I continued the sequel // these are for the readers who wanted me to continue the sequel. No I will not continue this book as a series; this epilogue is just for the ones who were curious about how the book will end if I did the sequel.)

Hope you guys enjoy, thanks for everything once again!

SPECIAL THANKS TO THESE LOVLEY PEOPLE FOR ALL THEIR SUPPORT:

@BrittanyHarrisss

@witter_

@angeliiccaaa

@becausemuke

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST:

@drifter101 for making a fantastic new cover that I'm in love with!

To everyone else, thanks so much once again, especially to those who voted, shared and commented ect :) Love you all x.

_______________________________

[Isabelle's POV]

I hold onto my brother's suit, laying my head on his shoulder as tears escaped my eyes. Watching our own mother get buried at her own funeral made my heart clenched. Saying goodbye to someone so important to you is hard, especially if they were family.

Rocco's lawyer convinced the judge to let our father our of jail for one day just to experience our mother's funeral, and honestly, it was one of the most heartbreaking moments in my entire life.

After the funeral, my family and I were the last to leave, saying goodbye one last time to my mom's grave before parting our separate ways; my dad going off with the police going back to jail, Rocco getting the car started and me... standing still taking one last look down at the ground and wiping the last tear that had fell.

Looking up from the ground, my eyes land on Chase. He was dressed in a black suit and tie waiting for me a few meters away. He smiled genuinely at me and I try and return the gesture but it failed terribly.

Walking over to him, my arms instantly wrap around his neck as he lifted me off my feet and spun me around before placing me back down to the ground, "I'm so sorry, princess."

I sniff, "It's not your fault." I smile weakly, he holds my hand tightly with his.

I'm glad that Chase and I didn't get hurt the night where we had almost gotten killed by Dean and his group. Luckily, my brother found out when he realised that I wasn't there at the restaurant. He called 911 straight away and the police came right on time. They told us we were lucky, even luckier to have each other.

"I have to tell you something." Chase whispered in my ear as we took a seat on a wooden bench.

"What is it?" my brown watery eyes gaze at him, the words seem to have lost his mind as he reluctantly opened and then soon after, closed them.

"Belle, I-"

"Isabelle, the car's ready to go." Rocco rudely interrupts as if Chase didn't exist, I give him a disapproving look, Rocco shrugs.

"Can you give us a moment?" Chase spat, Rocco's fist clenched.

Ever since Rocco had found out that I almost got hurt, he had blamed mostly everything on Chase. He believed that if I haven't met Chase in the first place, this all wouldn't have happened.

"We have to go otherwise we'll miss the flight to California." Rocco says taking my hand and pulling me away from Chase.

"Why are you going to California?" Chase spoke curiously, "Are you going on a holiday or something? Right after your mom's funeral?"

"Chase, no." I answer, his green eyes look at me and his brows furrowed. I didn't want to tell him this way but I don't have a choice, "Rocco and I are moving there."

His eyes instantly shoot open, "MOVING there?!" he emphasises 'moving' to make sure he wasn't hearing the wrong words.

"Yes." I say, "We're moving there."

"Why the fuck would you move to California? What about Florida? What about college?" Chase takes a step closer and holds onto my hand as if he's scared that I would just vanish, "What about us, Belle?"

Rocco gives me a face saying that I should tell him the truth. I didn't want to but I couldn't make Chase wait for me, "Chase, I-"

"If you say that we have to breakup, then I don't know what to do with my life anymore."

"Chase, don't say that. It's not because I don't care about you anymore; but after my mom's death, Rocco and I can't stand the painful memories here. Rocco has a job and a home back in California, he has a career and I can't just live here without a family. My father's still in prison and I won't have anyone."

Chase's eyes were starting to tear up, I swear this could be the first where I would have seen him cry in a long time.

"You'll have me, Belle." Chase says holding on tighter to my hand, his palms gradually move up to the sides of my neck. "I'll be here for you. I always have, remember? Please- just don't leave."

Rocco stands beside us, his arms folded across his chest, "Belle, we have to go." he reminds, tears start flowing out of my eyes once again.

"You have to start waking up from your dreams otherwise you'll get left behind in reality." Rocco's voice echoed in my head.

I hold onto Chase's hand, "I'm so sorry." I whisper kissing him the most passionate I have ever kissed him before. The feeling of his lips against mine was extraordinary. Special. Magical, everything I wished a kiss would be.

As our lips withdrew from one another, he looks at me in the eyes, water coming out of them. "Don't say goodbye." he says still holding onto me.

"Then what am I suppose to say?"

"That you'll see me later."

I suck a breath in, "I'll see you later, Chase." I tried to believe myself that I would but I know that it could only be in my dreams.

"Isabelle, we have to leave now or else we'll miss the flight." Rocco says forcefully pulling me away and tugging me towards the car. Chase and I's hands separate as I continue crying.

"Belle wait, I still have to tell you something." he shouts behind me, Rocco already closes my door on the car as he rushed over to the drivers seat.

I can't stand to hear another word otherwise we'll never be able to leave. I'll miss him more then anything. I'll miss the way he kisses me to shut me up, I'll miss how he's always so cocky and arrogant, I'll miss his cheesy pick up lines, I'll miss everything about him, especially the way he holds me during the night were he lay together in bed dreaming of what we could become together.

"I'm sorry, Chase. I can't." I apologise, his eyes look hurt as he frowns, "Thanks for all the memories, bad boy." I say smiling for the last time. I feel the vibration in the seats of the car as my brother turns the engine on and drive away.

Looking at Chase through the review mirror as the car continues moving, I cry more as he raises his hands up to his head and furiously brushes through his hair.

"Don't worry, Isabelle. You'll always find another guy in your life." Rocco attempts to cheer me up, it doesn't work.

"I only wanted him." I whisper under my breath before taking my eyes off the review mirror and facing the front.

[Chase's POV]

As I watch that one person who held my heart in her hands drive off to another place, my heart clenches. The feeling of thousands of knives stabbing me into the chest multiple times was clear in my head. That's the only thing I felt. Pain.

The feeling inside me was equal to that time where I had lost my mom, where I thought I had lost my brother and now when I lost Belle.

Watching the car fade into the distance, I finally say the last words I always wanted to tell her every moment of every day.

"I love you, princess."