○.58

Plates were cleared, drinks refilled, and conversation drawled on lazily. The two had opted to talk about anything beside work.

The topic of family had come up, and while Sehyoon was less forthcoming about his, Byeongkwan was happy to tell him about his.

"Well, I never knew my dad, and my mamma was never willing to tell me who he was. Which is understandable, she was young when she got pregnant and was not proud of herself and what she did at that age." Byeongkwan started, playing with the plastic spear that held his martini olives. "She was a moll by trade, as am I, taught her ways by her mother and grandmother. Running with gangsters runs in Kim blood. The moll trade is typically passed down from mother to daughter, and sons are either taught to be a moll if they desire; or are left to their own demise."

"Sounds like sons aren't a welcomed blessing for women raised as molls." Sehyoon said, swirling the ice in his empty glass.

"No, we definitely aren't." Byeongkwan chuckled, leaning forward on his elbows. "But once my mamma caught onto, my, uh...., flamboyancy and attraction to men, she talked to me about it."

"How old were you when that happened?"

Byeongkwan laughed, "Freshman year I caused a lot of trouble in school, I broke the dress code weakly and damn near gave the principal a heart attack on multiple occasions. Crop tops have been my thing since I was a teen, and my mamma caught onto that. I was fifteen at the time, but I only got involved when I turned seventeen. I still messed around though, as you know."

"Yes, I definitely know." Sehyoon chuckled, "What made you drop out of college?"

"I got involved with some bad people my first year, and I couldn't deal with them and school. So, I dropped out, fixed my problem, and moved on." Byeongkwans eyes fell, clouding with dark thoughts.

Seeing this, Sehyoon reached a hand out and set it on top of Byeongkwans.

"Why don't we get outta here, princess?"