○.88

Days past slowly. Sehyoon got his tattoo finished and payed Dee handsomely just in time for his fathers funeral. During those days preceeding the funeral Byeongkwan was by Sehyoons side twenty-four-seven.

Byeongkwan went to Sehyoons home and helped him with dinner, wiped tears from his cheeks in the dead of night, and kept him company while Maxine relayed funeral plans and invitations.

Maxine had offered to arrange the entire funeral for Sehyoon, and practically banished him from the process every time he tried to intervene. Byeongkwan became the messenger for when Maxine got parts finalized.

Today was the day of the funeral, and it was a dark day. Emotions were reflected in the sky, as it once again began to rain. Byeongkwan woke Sehyoon in bed with a cup of black coffee and a kiss to the forehead, dressed in a stolen shirt and boxers.

"Mornin sweetheart," Byeongkwan murmered as he sat down gently, "Todays gonna be rough, but you're not alone. The whole gangs going to be there, Maxine called in every one."

Sehyoon hummed as he sipped his coffee, leaning against Byeongkwans shoulder with his eyes closed. Byeongkwan wrapped an arm around Sehyoons shoulders and worked his fingers into the new capos messy black hair.

The two lovers sat in bed sipping their coffee as the morning light seeped in through the cream curtains fluttering in the soft breeze. The smell of rain seeped in from the open window. The soft morning light made the room glow, hazily outlining the two men.

When the coffee was finished and the mugs abandoned, the two finnaly left the bed for the bathroom. Rotaing places in the shower and then helping each other dry their hair they worked in harmony. Byeongkwan did his makeup as Sehyoon slicked his hair back with gel. Sehyoon left Byeongkwan in the bathroom to straighten his hair with a kiss on the cheek.

Byeongkwan did his hair with a soft smile on his lips, the lingering warmth of Sehyoons lips on his cheek made his heart flutter. The small gestures of affection Sehyoon continously gave to Byeongkwan never ceased to warm his heart and make him feel both comfortable and loved.

As Byeongkwan left the bathroom Sehyoon was tucking in his black button up shirt. When Sehyoon got his shirt situated the way he wanted, he handed Byeongkwan his black tie silently. Byeongkwan took the tie from his lovers scared hands, popped the stiff collar, and wrapped the silk tie underneath gently. With steady hands Byeongkwan tied the tie, folded the collar back down, and tightened it just the way Sehyoon liked it.

Byeongkwan shimmed his black dress pants on and tucked in a matching black dress shirt. He handed Sehyoon his tie snd watched as the man gently tied the black silk tie around his neck.

A traditional Italian influenced Mafia funeral called for all attendees to be dressed in formal black. For Sehyoons family, that ment a full dress suit in the darkest black. Also, flowers were to be brought to the deceased as a sign of respect and mourning. Sehyoons father, Yoonse, always had a special place for blue Lupine. In honor of his late flower, and the only request Maxine grated Sehyoon, was to fill the funeral with the tall flower.

When the two were finnaly dressed, Sehyoon called his driver to come pick them up. While they waited, Byeongkwan pulled out the flowers from the fridge and carefully arranged them into beautiful bouquets to lay on Yoonses casket. Sehyoon leaned against the kitchen couter with his arms crossed in front of his chest, eyes focused on Byeongkwans delecate hands.

"Thank you for doing this, you know you dont have to come with me." Sehyoon said softly, eyes drifting to his black shoes.

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, Sehyoon. Your father was a big part of your life, and losing him cant be easy. I may not be a lot of help, but I want to be there for you." Byeongkwan spoke, keeping his eyes on the blue flowers.

Silence overtook the kitchen. When Byeongkwan was done with the flowers he set them on the table next to the house keys. The camboy walked over to the mafia man and took his hand, squeezing his fingers to remind Sehyoon that he wasnt alone.

Out of the blue, Sehyoon asked a question Byeongkwan had been expecting.

"Did you know about Dee and the tattoo?"

"I had a hunch, thats all."

A couple of heartbeats passed and then the doorbell rang, causing both heads to snap over to the door. Sehyoons shoulders dropped. Byeongkwan laced his fingers with Sehyoons and made him take the flowers. Byeongkwan grabbed the house keys and led Sehyoon to the door. They kept their hands together as Byeongkwan locked the door and then led his lover to the black car parked out front.