○.98

Almost ten hours had passed since the time of the crash. The beating Byeongkwan had been subjected to had taken almost four hours as Hwan Young took his time beating the defect moll. Sehyoon had seen the stream, every agonizing second. The mafia man had put his fist through the pressed particle board conference table, bloodying his knuckles and snapping his pinky. The only reason Sehyoon hadn't swooped in and snatched Byeongkwan out of Hwan Youngs fangs was because his trusted hacker was missing.

"Where in the everliving fuck is donghun?!" Sehyoon snarled, kicking over a chair as he stalked a circle in the conference room.

No one dared to answer and silence encased the massive room. Furious typing replied instead of a voice. All the computer techs he had were working on finding Byeongkwan. The main monitor on the wall was still connected to the live feed from Byeongkwans beating. In 4k the screen showcased Byeongkwans limp body like a dress in a shop window, the floodlight was still on and focused on Byeongkwan; giving everyone a clear view of his broken body.

The timecode in the bottom corner ticked on steadily, the bloody body hadn't moved in over three hours. Sehyoon felt as though his heart had died in his chest, the sick feeling was becoming overwhelming. In an effort to distract himself from the feeling the mafia man made it his task to go through all the physical files they had on the Seoul Serpentine Triad and the moll named Koi.

The paperwork on Koi was minimal. Three sheets of white printer paper, a few sticky notes, a newspaper clipping, a mug shot, and a dozen or so poorly taken surveillance pictures were all that made him real; the evidence tucked away in a manila folder in the bottom of a box, furthering Sehyoons confusion and intrigue.

One sheet of white paper listed the little known facts of Koi. He worked for the Seoul Serpentine Triad as a moll, one of the only known male prostitutes working in the Seoul district that specifically catered towards the mafia world. Koi was an alias with origins unknown, real name was just as illusive. Koi was the 'pet' of the capo, working specifically for Hwan Young. He started prostitution young, probably late highschool to early college age. He dropped off the face of the earth after six years of working for Hwan Young. Presumed dead.

The second sheet of paper was filled with rumors. Koi had a sharp tongue and a mean punch. He was a whore in highschool and had the transcript to prove it. His mother was a moll. He had killed ten people. He was a spy for the Incheon Bear mafia undercover in the Seoul Serpentine Triad. Been in multiple gangs. He was a minor with tattoos and piercings. He started drinking and smoking early in high school. He turned his best friend into a whore. No father. Koi has a thing for older men. He was killed by Hwan Young for treason.

The third sheet of paper was the police record of a Jason Kim aka 'Koi', nicknamed by the arresting officer for the koi fish on his jacket. The boy was arrested at 18 for transporting drugs across districts. He had over ten thousand pills and a hundred ounces of weed in a duffle bag. There was bundles of cash and a switch balde in the bag as well. Jason was compliant with police officers, going silently to the patrol car and the station. He had been drug tested at the station and was found to be stone-cold sober. He had a school ID on him. Jason Kim, senior at Second Sea Highschool, age 18, shitty grades and multiple marks on his transcript for assaulting classmates. He was charged with transporting illegal substances, fined and put on parole for one year. He got away rather easily because he ratted out a major link in the chain he was working for.

Almost a year later on the day he was arrested and jailed for eight months for assault with a deadly weapon and the intent to commit murder. He was released in six weeks. Throughout the following year he was arrested multiple times for assault and battery, vandalism, public intoxication, and possession of illegal weapons.